FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Concept art for the "Green Lantern" movie...

Author Topic: Concept art for the "Green Lantern" movie...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"No evil shall escape my sight..."

This is gradually inching it's way towards being...um...greenlit. *wince* There's a tentative release date of 2010 and a director, Greg Berlanti.

*crosses fingers*

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda like the concentric rings costume change one. Apart from that, fairly unimpressive.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that its more the point that they have started thinking about a Green Lantern movie, one of the only DC charecters i really care or like.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks pretty lame.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Have they devised a script that isn't a small amount of drama orbiting around a glaring, inevitable deus ex machina?
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree with Enigmatic the second picture was cool looking. [Razz]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Sterling:
Have they devised a script that isn't a small amount of drama orbiting around a glaring, inevitable deus ex machina?

Arguably, the Green Lantern ring itself is one big Deus Ex Machina.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
I think that its more the point that they have started thinking about a Green Lantern movie, one of the only DC charecters i really care or like.

I think it's more the point that Puffy got to make that "greenlit" pun. [Hat]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:

I think it's more the point that Puffy got to make that "greenlit" pun. [Hat]

--Enigmatic

I do think that may be the entire reason for this thread. [Wink]
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Arguably, the Green Lantern ring itself is one big Deus Ex Machina.

Exactly- thus, my question.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

*narrows eyes*

You hated Aladdin, didn't you?

Sterling
Member # 8096

No... I'm just not sure I want to see it done again in green spandex. [Smile]

Seriously, though, if you're going to either do the "and then the lantern corps ring gets stolen" or (Jove forbid) "and its one weakness is the color yellow", I hope you have a damn good writer on board, because the first is kind of trite, and the second is just laughable if you give the audience two minutes to rub wits together.

I'm sure you could do a very interesting movie about the consequences of near-limitless power, but I suspect that's not what we're going to see.

(Then again, if Fox keeps holding up Watchmen, it may be a long time indeed before we see something like that.)

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Seriously, though, if you're going to either do the "and then the lantern corps ring gets stolen" or (Jove forbid) "and its one weakness is the color yellow",

Just because those are the only two plots Challenge of the Superfriends used for Green Lantern doesn't mean those are the only two plots they can use in a movie.

Personally, I'm hoping they do something similar to Hal Jordan's arc in The New Frontier, minus Darwyn Cooke's moral weirdness about Hal having served in the military.

Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we have a black Green Lantern please?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure John Stewart will be introduced in the first movie, but I doubt he'll get a ring until a sequel.

There is absolutely no reason that I see, from a story perspective, that Hal Jordan can't be black. I think people would assume they were merging the two characters in this event, however.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any reason from a story perspective why Superman or Batman can't be black? Doesn't mean they should be.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

quote:
Originally posted by neo-dragon:
Is there any reason from a story perspective why Superman or Batman can't be black? Doesn't mean they should be.

Because the green lantern was origanally black while the other people weren't.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hal Jordan used to be black? I had no idea that there was a black green lantern before John Stewart, but I don't know that much about GL history. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Personally, I'm hoping they do something similar to Hal Jordan's arc in The New Frontier, minus Darwyn Cooke's moral weirdness about Hal having served in the military.

I freely admit it's not my most familiar character. I hope they can do something interesting with him, but I would be less than surprised if they failed.
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Hal Jordan wasn't even the first one, though I seriously doubt they'd go back to the Alan Scott version.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I never deus ex machina, ever since that one night back in college. :slaps knee:

Oh yes.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.