FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hurricane Ike - Live Video Webcasts - and more information links

Author Topic: Hurricane Ike - Live Video Webcasts - and more information links
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Due to a lack of the prominent use of "Hurricane Ike" in other titles, I'm starting a new thread.
Four television stations' video feeds over the Web. You'll hafta stop three of them to be able to pay attention to one. Or at least turn down the volume on three.

The storm surge is already 8feet/2.5metres above normal sea level in Galveston. And the outer bands of the storm haven't even come overhead yet. Landfall of the eyewall due in approximately 13hours.
Several areas already have their roads flooded to the point of being unusable by the storm surge, and helicopter rescue is already the only way out.

Just starting up the thread. MUCH more to be posted later.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so terrified that we would have a repeat of the 1900 storm at Galveston Island, when thousands died. The authorities were warning that those who stayed would face certain death, and tens of thousands stayed. I was so relieved to hear this morning that it was much less bad than I'd feared. So far there have only been reports of a few deaths.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinspace
Member # 11633

- posted      Profile for Lostinspace   Email Lostinspace         Edit/Delete Post 
It was still a rough storm. I lived through my first Hurricane and even though I was not in a really bad area, I am not sure I ever want to do it again!
Posts: 176 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.