FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » trivial blog-style post

Author Topic: trivial blog-style post
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a beer festival last night. I drank a few pints with some friends, and revelled in the luxury of having my beer served in proper pint jug instead of a teeny-weeny-meany Euro thimble.

We dined like knigs (or kings, as you prefer) on ham hock and sausages, and had a rare old time until 2am this morning.

I just thought I'd share, while we wait for the board to pick up... [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You're so drunk you think the board is gonna pick you up?

The board is a board, a_m, not a person.

Go sleep it off!

[Razz]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually like this style of post.

This morning I decided to stay and work from my hotel room, rather than go into the plant. I'm planning to work all day tomorrow so I thought I'd swap. Also, I'm still feeling a bit dizzy and nauseated from whatever it is that hit me the day I arrived on site (it seems like every outage some bug makes the rounds), so a day of rest and air conditioning would not seem amiss.

Jatraqueros, tell us your situation in one paragraph or less.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up this morning with some busy work on my agenda - I need to edit together a video for a class I'm attending (Secondary English Language Arts Methods) and then work on a webpage for the same class. Later tonight, I have to deliver one child to a gymnastics workout, take another to the high school so she can prepare for a football game (she's in the color guard in the band) and then show up at said game and cheer for the hometown. At this very moment, though, I'm checking hatrack.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I scheduled one person to work today, but she couldn't do it. So I got the shift covered by someone else, but he couldn't do it. That leaves me, alas.
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm at work, doing my usual mix of IT admin stuff and surfing. Tonight I'm heading down to Cincinnati to spend the night with the woman I've been seeing for the past few months, and tmorrow morning we're going to drive down to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and spend the afternoon taking their Grand Avenue Tour. It should be a lot of fun.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
In the past fifteen minutes I've set the wheels in motion for a Halloween birthday party for a 7 year old, a corporate picnic show, and hired my wife to do the face-painting. Now I just have to tell her that she was hired.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I made my grandmother hate me. Didn't think that was possible, did ya?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
I had my last day of pre-sessional Arabic before my Masters starts on Monday. Then I went to mosque and now I'm trying to write a sermon before Tuesday, but I'm stuck and checking Hatrack instead.
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I got up this morning with the best of intentions to wrap up my labs and study for the upcoming bio test. Being human, I blame another, in this case the genius that is Scrubs, for my astounding lack of willpower which will most likely result in a less than stellar grade. Now I can only hope to finish off the remaining three seasons quickly enough that such a gross failure will not happen again, doubtful as I am of this so called solution.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I got up this morning to go to work at 8 to learn about the new menu roll out next week and was supposed to work afterwards but was sent home. Then they called me back in to work on prep, and when I got there they made me do salad, which I had no idea how to do.

But it actually ended up being okay. Salad was surprisingly easy once you do it for an hour.

Tomorrow morning I have to get up and take my car in to the body shop. Hopefully I'll get a confusing rental car situation figured out in the morning.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Today I made apple pie.
It turned out quite nice, except I am still lousy at making good crust. I used lard instead of butter or shortening and a neighbour's pastry thing, which I returned in good condition.
She bought me an iron at a yard sale so now I no longer have to worry about being lectured over wrinkled clothes.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I went down to Altamont Fairgrounds outside of Albany Saturday night to attend Irish Fest 2000. We got to see Gaelic Storm play live for an hour and a half! It was amazing, though I didn't get to hear all the songs I wanted to cause it was only an hour and a half and they have so many awesome songs. Still with the amazing [Smile]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
This morning I made my grandmother hate me. Didn't think that was possible, did ya?

:: curious ::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
My girlfriend and I went down to Altamont Fairgrounds outside of Albany Saturday night to attend Irish Fest 2000. We got to see Gaelic Storm play live for an hour and a half! It was amazing, though I didn't get to hear all the songs I wanted to cause it was only an hour and a half and they have so many awesome songs. Still with the amazing [Smile]

Oooo I'm jealous. I wish we had an Irish festival around here. All we get is the stupid RenFest. Gaelic Storm is a lot of fun, I'll bet they rock live.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
:: curious ::
It's not that interesting, really. It's sort of a "defend my mother at all costs or the family rejects me" situation. And I don't. [Smile]

Of course, telling them that is probably a bad idea.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aiua:
I got up this morning with the best of intentions to wrap up my labs and study for the upcoming bio test. Being human, I blame another, in this case the genius that is Scrubs, for my astounding lack of willpower which will most likely result in a less than stellar grade. Now I can only hope to finish off the remaining three seasons quickly enough that such a gross failure will not happen again, doubtful as I am of this so called solution.

If you change bio to physics, you have my day. [Razz]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:

Oooo I'm jealous. I wish we had an Irish festival around here. All we get is the stupid RenFest. Gaelic Storm is a lot of fun, I'll bet they rock live.
I love all the cool stuff we get around here! We have the Irish Fair, Ren Faire, Lithuanian Fair, Greek Festival, and several totally awesome African and Mexican celebrations, as well as Chinese New Year in Chinatown and festival celebrations in Little Tokyo and Koreatown... Yeah, it pretty much rocks living in L.A.! [Big Grin]

(Oh, and rivka turned me on to the BEST SAUSAGE I HAVE EVER HAD. I love the food in L.A., too! Except beef. I miss Texas beef. And Bluebell ice cream.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.