FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Open ID

Author Topic: Open ID
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
At one particular tech site I happen to frequent, the subject of OpenID comes up pretty regularly, and I find that there is a large group of people who keep saying that Open ID is too difficult for users.

Now I know that Hatrack is hardly representative of normal internet users, but it is a lot closer than many of the other sites I tend to visit (which generally tend to draw a more technical crowd).

So have any of you used it before? If so, what was the experience like for you? Also, do you know of any less computer savvy family members or friends that have used it? How did it compare with a normal id registration for them?

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
So have any of you used it before?

Yup!
quote:
If so, what was the experience like for you?
Extremely simple! But then I already have a LiveJournal account. I can't speak to the experience of those signing up for the first time.
quote:
Also, do you know of any less computer savvy family members or friends that have used it?
I have no idea.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of it.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.