FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Have a Butterfly

Author Topic: I Have a Butterfly
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a caterpillar at the Braintree station a couple of weeks ago.
It pupated and NOW I SEEM TO HAVE A BUTTERFLY.

I'm going to let it go tomorrow. There's still a few warm days left so he'll probably be able to find himself a mate.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo, that's fun! We had a praying mantis last year. It was cool because when she...uh...went into heat (or whatever praying mantises do) all the male mantises were clinging to our windows, desperately trying to claw their way in to their deaths. We chose the lucky fellow who had managed to make his way in to the house ('cause, you know, he was the strongest and smartest) and let Miss Mantis have her way with him.

Good times.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*green with envy*

I once spent an entire grade 2 class watching a cocoon. hence I was the one to see it start to pupate.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I just let Twitch go.
He was so pretty.
I'm going to get him tattooed on me because I've always wanted a black swallowtail tattoo.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
All we get is rats up here around Central Square [Smile]

This weekend has been miserable for weather, eh. Hope it's sunny tomorrow. The butterfly deserves some sun.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
We are in midst of butterfly season down here... My son is loving it!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
I just let Twitch go.

Great name there. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

quote:
Originally posted by Corwin:
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
I just let Twitch go.

Great name there. [Big Grin]
I didn't even know pre-butterflies can twitch in their chrysalises. I'd pick him up sometimes and his tail would just twitch and jerk.

Plus Twitch on So You Think You Can Dance was really cute.

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll trust your word on that one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.