FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So, um...I've been away a while...

Author Topic: So, um...I've been away a while...
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry I never got back to threads I was involved in. In particular, I'd like to apologize to The Rabbit for a very immature post I made in the homeschool thread.

I've kinda been busy. My husband changed jobs and then hated the new one so much that it was causing a LOT of family stress. The only way out we could see was for one of us to get a different job, so I started working again. His last day is tonight.

I'm doing tech support for a satellite television company. It pays better than he was getting at either job, has good benefits (not that we can afford them anyway, but whatever), and includes a free programming package for the house.

It's fun; I've already learned a lot, but the training is like being in a college class all day. It really makes me tired. All I seem to want to do when I get home is play with the kids for a while and sleep.

We've also gotten active in church again. Class on Wednesday night and then another class for Sunday School...

My brain kinda hurts. In a good way. [Smile]

edit: I've...umm...also been playing WoW. [Blushing] Davi, if you see this, come out and play.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, there! Glad to hear the pay is good. Sorry to hear the tiredness is... tiring. [Wink] Explains why I haven't got hold of you lately!

Oh, e-mail me sometime. I found one of Jenny's shoes (among other things)... Do you want some chocolate sent with that? [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves hi*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
You know we have a smiley for that.

[Wave]

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Boon! I hope it works out for you.

I lost my job at Penney's as well, but it all worked out. They fired me for non-work related stuff, and the state decided in my favor so I got unemployment. I am going back to school for my LPN cert, providing I can get financing, starting this January.

So I know a little bit about working a job you grow to hate, or at least working for a person you can't respect.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't leave any shoes at your house kq, but will you send ME chocolate?

Boon, if the training is like being in a college class all day, imagine being in an actual college class all day. I have some Saturday classes this term that are exactly that, all day.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with hubby's job. Is he looking for something else? I hope you enjoy your new job!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Kq, love you, love chocolate. [Smile] Which shoe did she leave? Call me one evening? Like, after 7 my time, Tues or Thurs?

*waves wildly at rivka*

Yeah, Kwea, the better job he had, that he'd been at over 4 years, was a bum deal. His supervisor brought some personal stuff into the work place, and, unfortunately, won the war. His last job that he just left was...well, you know how it is when you have 3 people's jobs to do with life and death type responsibility, and only half a person's pay? It was like that.

Belle, you're absolutely right, college is WAY HARD. He's currently enrolled in the reserve academy that starts next month, and will be working part time to help finance that. It won't pay much if at all, but it's what he likes. Maybe after that he'll consider going back to college for something else.

Training is ending (mostly) this week and I'll be on the phones full time after the second half of Thursday. WooT!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
One of her nice sandals. The ones she wore to church.

I'll call you! Probably on a Tuesday. Um, I'll try to remember. Thursdays I'm wiped because we all schlep off to dance class!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Boon! [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, good to see you!
Will hubby be at home with the kids or are you off-shifting?

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

That's the one non-negotiable. I agreed to go work, but if I'm not home he has to be. Period. (The only exceptions are when he can talk my dad into coming up. Which won't be often, or regular.)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.