FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am going to finally meet OSC.

Author Topic: I am going to finally meet OSC.
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
yup.

he's gonna be here.

I am going to go.

I wonder if he'll give me a hug?

Does he like cupcakes or cookies?

T

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Tell him you have a script you want him to take a look at. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
He won't eat your food - but he will sign your books and smile pretty for pictures! : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
tell him that you met him before, and then use the phrase "you probably don't remember me.."
Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure my script is his cup of tea.

The Hero is a Samurai Cowboy Christian. Kinda based on the arch-angel who clears the path for the Return of Jesus.

He has been used and abused his hole life, so when he returns to duel the devil, he doesn't resemble a puritan.

(though he does stop trying to get drunk in act 3, and his american james bond on drugs best friend gives up drugs at the end up act 2)

I'd love to have OSC read it and get his feedback. I do respect his literary opinion (I forgive him for 2nd half of Empire).

But i know he's a very busy man.

I have always had a weird desire to "write" a western script with OSC. I'd do 90% of the writing and leech of his wonderful knowledge of history.

meh.

Dreams are but candy for the mind.

T

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I figured those comments were hinting at some entertaining history with OSC and Danlo here regarding the Ender's game script. Guess I was wrong.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

The plan has always been to have one of my ORIGINAL scripts do well, then ask to take a shot at Ender's Game, if he'd let me.

I am crazy. But not crazy enough to write a FULL SPEC script of Ender's Game knowing there's a .0000001% chance he'd read it.

I do sincerely appreciate him giving me the Character of Ender.

Ender made me a better man.

:

Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

I do want to add...

If OSC brings me food, I will eat it.

Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
And If OSC doesn't want to eat your food i'll take it.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should bring pre-packaged, sealed food.

He might eat that.

As long as it doesn't contain HFCS or trans-fats.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
Does OSC really not eat trans-fats?
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody eat trans-fats anymore these days?
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and he may not give you a hug, but he will squeeze your head.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello OSC, this is Thor, did you have a chance to look at that script of mine?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is here, Thor?
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynda
Member # 11730

- posted      Profile for lynda           Edit/Delete Post 
Where is OSC going? (book signing?)
Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

BOOK SIGNING

In the United States

If i tell you where, I might be swarmed with
my Hatrack groupies. And this is about OSC,
not me. [Smile]

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
As it so happens, Thor, I'm going to be signing books along with OSC, on Dec. 5, in Greensboro NC.

So, it's quite possibly about me, too.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.