FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Dark Knight wins BEST PICTURE!!!

Author Topic: The Dark Knight wins BEST PICTURE!!!
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry.

Pretending I had a time machine,
and there was justice in the world.

forgive?

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything you write looks like a spam email to me.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Unforgiveable. Unimaginable. Unedible.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Unimaginable (unless you have seen it).
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really confused. Are you referring to the Jatraquero "DarkKnight"? If not, could you please clarify.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Unimaginable (unless you have seen it).

I was referring to his post. You know...since it ended with "forgive?"
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I had some problems with it. [Frown]

It's a very good movie, I loved watching it, I enjoyed it, for my money it's the second-best Batman movie yet. Best Picture? I don't know. I want to say no way. But maybe. Only because it's been such a poor year for films thus far. It wouldn't be in my top ten if this were 2007. Well -- maybe it would be. I don't remember what my top ten of 2007 were.

Anyway.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
I'm really confused. Are you referring to the Jatraquero "DarkKnight"? If not, could you please clarify.

He's referring to the most recent Batman movie, Rabbit.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
TL, what do you think the best Batman movie is?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is going to be controversial, but I think the 1989 Batman holds up. It's a different style of movie, for sure, and doesn't have the depth that the new movies have aimed for, but I think Michael Keaton was iconic.

Also, as I mentioned before, I do have several basic problems with The Dark Knight. So much of it doesn't make sense, when you start to think about the motivations of the characters and why these people would make some of the choices they make in the movie. It's full of holes... full of holes. I don't think it's as good as a lot of people think it is.

That's just my opinion.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, I'm not sure you can use the holes in the character development of "The Dark Knight" as a reason why the movie is worse than "Batman" because "Batman" doesn't even attempt character development. That said, I agree with you that "Batman" holds its own at the top of the list. Bale is one of my favorite actors and he's done a fine job with the role, but I think Keaton was incredible. It may just be because I was only eight when the movie came out, but Keaton left an indelible mark in my brain. He IS Batman. Also, the movie itself was so interesting and quirky, and it was fun and dark at the same time. (That isn't technical movie-critic speak, but it gets the job done.)

Does anyone else have Batman cereal deja vu whenever you think of the movie?

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Knight will more likely than not be up for multiple awards, but I don't believe "Best Picture" will, or even should, be one of them.

As far as DK vs. Batman, I would watch one as readily as I would watch the other.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for a needed smile today, Rabbit, I laughed a good one at your comment [Smile]
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.