FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First ever double arm transplant.

Author Topic: First ever double arm transplant.
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Read all about it.
quote:
German doctors have carried out a complete double arm transplant.

The patient was a 54-year-old farmer who lost his limbs in an accident six years ago.

The donor is believed to be a teenager who had died shortly before the surgery. Neither man's name has been released by the Munich clinic.

The 15-hour operation took place last week, and the patient is recovering well, though it could be two years before he can move his new hands.

Video here.

You realize, of course, that this means my designs to build a super-powered franken-monster have moved one step closer to completion.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
See, this is why I don't exercise.

I'd hate for someone to see me walking down the street, take notice to my massive well toned biceps, and steal them for their obvious resale value on E-Bay.

No, flabby, droopy arms may not garner all the chicks, but the do seem safer.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about not garnering the chicks. I'd be a little nervous about getting serious with a guy whose arms might be stolen at any moment.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Puts a whole new meaning to "Armed Robbery" now, doesn't it.

[ October 13, 2008, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Darth_Mauve ]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
Puts a whole new meaning to "Armed Robbery" now, doesn't it.

LOL
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
Groan!
Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
So is this when he goes on a murderous rampage because the former owner of the arms was a serial killer?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

Did you hear about the guy arrested for stealing body parts from Native Americans?

He was caught Red Handed.

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Time to commit a bunch of crimes and leave behind all the finger prints he wants!
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Truly LOL at the armed robbery
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trent Destian
Member # 11653

- posted      Profile for Trent Destian           Edit/Delete Post 
I get it...Red Handed.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't. Why would anyone want to be dobie-armed?
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

So I was talking to an Arms dealer on E-bay last week. He went out on a limb to help me make sure people keep their hands off my arms.

All you have to do to keep your arms safe from theft is to get a tattoo.

Oh the ink won't poison the system or anything like that.

It just, what guy is going to buy arms off ebay that are tattooed something odd?

"I love large men!"
or
"Dead dates don't debate."
or
"Mostly Rash Free as of 10/12/08"

Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
So is this when he goes on a murderous rampage because the former owner of the arms was a serial killer?

Evil hand! Evil hand!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Idle hands are the Devil's workshop. And can't get more idle than having been dead.

[ October 17, 2008, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It just, what guy is going to buy arms off ebay that are tattooed something odd?

"I love large men!"
or
"Dead dates don't debate."
or
"Mostly Rash Free as of 10/12/08"

Reminds me of an episode of "Top Gear" where they painted things on each other's cars that they thought might get them shot in Alabama. Some of the things they chose were "Hillary for Prez" and "Man Love Rules OK".
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
If you let the clinic know in advance that you're coming in for a transplant, they can perform the procedure known as "the Shiva".

Because, of course, to be forewarned is to be four armed.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it take seven days?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Nah, that's the Brahma.
"Two heads are better than one, so..."

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Juxtapose:
Video here.
completion.

What about the rest of the video? I want to learn judo with Vladimir Putin! I'm not sure how much of a deterrent arithmetic is to drunk emails. Then again, I've never been drunk and don't fear math.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
See, this is why I don't exercise.

I'd hate for someone to see me walking down the street, take notice to my massive well toned biceps, and steal them for their obvious resale value on E-Bay.

No, flabby, droopy arms may not garner all the chicks, but the do seem safer.

Scott Adams style of humor right there!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.