FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Eli Stone Season Two

Author Topic: Eli Stone Season Two
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Season two started today. I didn't hear the opening musical number because my control box was muted and took my that long to get the sound working, but I enjoyed the episode. I think its set up for an interesting season, but I also feel like it's walking down a path on the edge of a cliff. I feel like one really bad writing move can make it all fall apart like a strong gust of wind. But right now, I think it's progressing well.

Are there any other Eli Stone fans, or am I alone on this one?

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Really?
I mean, come on. Really? You like that show?
Has it gotten astronomically better?
I watched the pilot and can't understand why anyone would want to watch it.

Did you see Kath and Kim?

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
It started off weak, but I think it got quite a bit better about half-way through as it got its stride.

Not yet on Kath and Kim, but it's on Hulu. I'll probably watch it later.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I mentioned Kath and Kim because it is probably the worst thing I have seen on TV evur. E-V-U-R evur.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Eli Stone. It is a refreshing, daring attempt to portray the dramatic existence of Good confronting a world full of Evil. I loved it when the head of Stone's law firm denounced the firm that engaged in predatory lending as "pond scum." Granted, that was a bit topical in terms of today's news. But they eschew equivocating, and show that some things (and some people's choices) really are bad.

Dramatically, it was a cool idea to have Stone's brother start receiving visions of the future after Eli had surgery to remove his aneurysm. When Eli finally begged the mysterious counsellor to let him have the visions, not his brother--who would have his life ruined by them right when he was about to have everything right--and then the aneurysm was removed from his brother and returned to Eli--you knew the writers were daring to hypothesize the actual existence of the supernatural, and not just waffle around in agnostic uncertainty like last season.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.