FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » On review of your qualifications, we've decided to sentence you to death

Author Topic: On review of your qualifications, we've decided to sentence you to death
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Today's XKCD was great. For those who haven't been following, today's strip caps off an awesome 5 part series starting here (although it makes passing references to a great many other xkcd strips).
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we are talking about xkcd...
Youtube added a feature that reads back your comment to you based on this comic.

The secretary story arc was pretty awesome.
I'm tempted to write in Tron Paul on election day.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
They seriously added that feature? Cool...
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if I liked the Ron Paul Blimp or the Capitol Rotunda Ball Jump more.

That was a nice series of strips.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to try it out for myself.
Pure awesomeness.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
It was fun typing in some of the comments that were already there just to hear the computer read them.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like how I felt like most of that series was going over my head. I don't mind it when the comics are plainly written in geek language - sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't but at least I know why - but I didn't understand why most of that series made no sense to me. I suspect it's partly referencing old comics and partly just sheer weirdness, like flooding the Capital with balls and "Tron Paul."
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On review of your qualifications, we've decided to sentence you to death
:nod:

That's my life every day.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
I didn't like how I felt like most of that series was going over my head. I don't mind it when the comics are plainly written in geek language - sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't but at least I know why - but I didn't understand why most of that series made no sense to me. I suspect it's partly referencing old comics and partly just sheer weirdness, like flooding the Capital with balls and "Tron Paul."

There were a lot of references to previous comics. The black hat guy, for example, has been featured many times before and a lot of the things brought up by the committee make reference to earlier comics.

The ball pit refers to both an earlier comic and something that they actually did for the fun of it.

As for Tron Paul, I suspect that part was just a bit of wordplay.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I'm not sure if I liked the Ron Paul Blimp or the Capitol Rotunda Ball Jump more.

I'm a fan of the "I plead the third" part myself, but those were both pretty cool.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.