FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Texas Tech stuns Texas 39-33!!

Author Topic: Texas Tech stuns Texas 39-33!!
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
What an unbelievable game!

It is 3 in the morning and I am still excited. What a great game, both teams fought hard, and my Red Raiders won the most important game they have ever played. Great win for Lubbock, Texas Tech, and college football fans everywhere.

Now, the question is, who is number 1?

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
So this was the game of the century? I guess the other 92 years are going to be a real let down.

(Oh and Pitt over the Irish in the fourth OT ftw.)

Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, that would be us. [Frown]

I don't want Alabama to be number 1, I really, really don't.

I like being the one nobody expects to win rather than the one with the huge target on your back.

In '92, that's where we were - nobody gave us a chance to beat Miami and we went into the champpionship game with people talking about how we didn't even deserve to be there. That's what I like - being the underdog.

Thing is, I'm terrified of the SEC championship game - most likely against Florida. If we win that game, I don't think there's a team in the country that would give us much trouble.

Congrats on your win, Humean, it was a great victory. But, as good as your quarterback and that receiver Crabtree are - they haven't seen a defense like ours! [Big Grin] I think if you put your receivers against our secondary, and even more significantly - your O-line against our D-line, we would win.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just happy Notre Dame lost to a Pitt team playing with a struggling backup QB and a reengineered OLine. Next up are losses to Boston College and USC, with potential losses to Navy and Syracuse.

I also love how Texas Tech jumped Penn State in the AP poll (though not quite in the Coaches Poll).

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a pub when the big moment came down. People flipped out. Nice game.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Humean316
Member # 8175

- posted      Profile for Humean316   Email Humean316         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Congrats on your win, Humean, it was a great victory. But, as good as your quarterback and that receiver Crabtree are - they haven't seen a defense like ours! [Big Grin] I think if you put your receivers against our secondary, and even more significantly - your O-line against our D-line, we would win.
Our receivers could win that battle but our O-line would have much more trouble. I think the difference maker between Bama and TTU is coaching, and with Nick Saban you guys would do well against us.

I was at home with some friends and throughout the second half I couldn't sit down. It was awesome here when Tech scored at the end of the game, and I was honestly exhausted this morning from the nervousness and sheer joy of the night before. I feel so old now.

I see now that we are either 2 or 3, and I would bet we are either 2 or 3 in the BCS, more likely to be 2 I would imagine. Still, if Tech wins out (which is not an easy task--Oklahoma State at home and OU in Norman remain), they will play in the title game and if Bama can beat Florida in the SEC title game, we will see you in the BCS championship Belle. And we will win! [Taunt]

Well, maybe...

Posts: 457 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.