FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Low Quality Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Low Quality Thread
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Unlike the people who post only in high quality threads with the hope of being associated with the elite, I am posting here because I have something insightful and intelligent to say and have no interest in improving my reputation.

As a plus, when people read my intelligent, insightful comment in this low quality thread surrounded by pablum and trolling, it will look twice as intelligent and insightful as it really is.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Shut up!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooo!! I'm looking better all the time. Anyone else want to come and help improve my image by contrast?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I get my low-quality thread at the dollar store. Excellent for stringing macaroni necklaces.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
I AM NOW TROLLING THIS THREAD.
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I was honored that my thread was called low quality. It means that it hit a nerve to such a degree that the person couldn't help but respond in an aggressive fashion. [Smile]
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I read your thread Jon. It was indeed the finest of low quality threads.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Threads:

Sweeet! Keep it coming! I am looking so dignified and above the fray.
Itsame
Member # 9712

Thank you. No fancy words or eloquent phrasing for me. Just brutal honesty, and you know what they say: truth hurts.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

ENDER'S GAME WAS PHOTOSHOPPED! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
last post

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

OMGZ!!!!111!!! 9/11 was a lye!
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
How is babby formed?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
How is babby formed?

This is a question best addressed by comprehensive, community driven, scientifically accurate, age appropriate sex education in the public schools.

It has not place in a low quality thread.

Itsame
Member # 9712

I liek baby makeing~1!
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Then how girl get pragnent?
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

You guys are making me look so good!
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
It's telling that the low quality thread receives more attention than the high quality thread. Typical.

This clearly belongs over hear and not in the high quality thread.
Threads
Member # 10863

This thread is full of copypasta.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This thread is full of copypasta.

Now would you recommend a cream sauce or perhaps a fine marinara with a copy pasta?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

Quote sauce.
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Jello.
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
You can't fool me. Youre going to delete this thread in a snit!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez, why are you even listening? Rabbit lives in Trinidad & Tobago or something, so she's clearly a communist.

And a nazi.

Somethin' un-American.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
yargh I gone beat you in trolllLiNg

you r stipid and a r-tard and you read books!!1!

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
f157 P05T!!!!11111

(+- 24)

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
posting in an epic thread.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I couldnt' think of anything funny.

So I bring you Teh Obamanationses

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I KNEW this was going to be an onanism thread.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
You're all Hitler.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Best simulpost EVAR.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
how do i order a pair of Team Zissou Adidas?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I would post in this thread, but the smallest whiff of Darth Mauvian wit would automatically raise this thread to dazzling new heights undreamed of in a Low Quality thread. So alas...

oops. to late.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Honestly, I was honored that my thread was called low quality. It means that it hit a nerve to such a degree that the person couldn't help but respond in an aggressive fashion. [Smile]

Aw, Jon, was I aggressive? If my saying, "I am posting in this high quality thread" hurt your feelings, you might just be a little hypersensitive.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
quote:

Sweeet! Keep it coming! I am looking so dignified and above the fray.
See...now you ruined it. You are only taking the high road for as long as you don't call attention to it.....just ask Icky!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, I'm kind of wondering if you're of legal drinking age. That's what's annoying. Would you appreciate being ordered around by a 10-year-old?
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I wasn't aware that being able to legally imbibe alcohol was a prerequisite for one's suggestion to be sound. Thank you for correcting my flawed logic.
steven
Member # 8099

I ask you again, would you enjoy being ordered around by a 10-year-old? That's rhetorical, by the way. You're not the mod, and, until you are...
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

If you don't mind, I shall answer your rhetorical question.

If the 10 year old had something to say that was substantive, then I would take what he said into consideration, rather than dismiss him because of his age.

Edit: Think of it as an "order" from a peer. Have you never told a friend to shut up?

Edit2: That is to say there is no obligation to follow my "order", but it might be a good thing to do.

steven
Member # 8099

Let it go. Your opinion means jack to me. That doesn't mean you've never said anything intelligent here, but I was actually already planning to rein it in. I was still interested in pursuing my discussion with rivka, but that was about it. And guess what? That theory Lisa posted was just insane. It's also a giant pet peeve of mine when people start messing around with the theory of Solar System formation. Giant, because I enjoy geology and all things related, like planet and star formation. We have a perfectly good theory of solar system formation. It needs some honing. It, however, is the baby, not the bathwater.

I still posit that it's much easier to see the truth about solar system formation than about nutrition. Degreed scientists argue over whether or not vegetarianism is the healthiest option. There are plenty of intelligent folks on both sides of that debate. I don't see many degreed scientists arguing on the side of Lisa's theory. I'm just saying, I'm tired of being called a kook here. It's not really accurate. I'm eccentric, and I'm gullible about many things, but I see the bullshit in stupid religious and scientific theories from a mile away. That's me. But whatever.

Itsame
Member # 9712

I sent you an email.
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
*scratches head*

Did a parody thread about low quality threads actually just become a real low quality thread midstream?

MY MIND IS BLOWN

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrsk:
*scratches head*

Me too.
This is mind boggling.

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
*Quietly urges Hatrack to stand up and sit at a different table while the crazy rarefies.*
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I am riding on this high quality bandwagon.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
n/t
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

You aren't giving me the recognition I clearly deserve for starting this low quality thread.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I are DuneCat!
I controlz the Spice!
I controlz the Universe!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

Foul

Clearly this assessment is in error.

This low quality thread beats them all as evidenced by its rapid growth and high popularity. This is flash in the pan pop culture at its peak.

[ November 04, 2008, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

This is the only quality themed thread that actually delivers what's promised.

Aim low!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.