FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hollywood is once again out of ideas

Author Topic: Hollywood is once again out of ideas
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Zac Efron to lead a Footloose remake in 2010

Guh... huh?

ETA: More info here.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that do anything at all for his Bacon Factor?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I don't know. It could be worse.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
If they base the Footloose remake on the stage version instead of the original movie, it might be worth seeing. The play was much, much better than the movie.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen the play. I was under the impression that the movie came first, though. Is that wrong? Or did something derivative actually come out better than the original? I guess that happens from time to time.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
I've only seen the play. I was under the impression that the movie came first, though. Is that wrong? Or did something derivative actually come out better than the original? I guess that happens from time to time.

Oh I would say Gandhi was nowhere near as awesome as the movie of the same name.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It has been announced that Ridley Scott will be assuming the director's chair for an upcoming film version of the famous board game Monopoly. Scott apparently plans to give the film a futuristic-type feel similar to his 1982 masterpiece Blade Runner.

If this sounds surreal, it is also worth noting that Universal has already lined up a number of similar projects for a long-term development deal. Ouija Board, Battleship, and Trivial Pursuit are all set to be developed similarly into feature films. (This in NOT a joke.)

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. And, uh, err, uh, um, well, er, yeah, i think, i dunno, maybe, who knows, Ender's Game is coming out soon? I hear the sequel is gonna be a Crossover...

Ender's Game and Left Behind team up to fight the greatest demon of all time, Obama bin Biden!

Glad you guys convinced me to stop writing movies.

Thanks! I couldn't compete with all the awesome writers that filth up Hollywood's cup overeth.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
After they made a movie out of The Dukes of Hazzard, I lost my ability to be shocked by the rich stores of inanity in Hollywood.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn Feelings
Member # 11784

- posted      Profile for Unicorn Feelings   Email Unicorn Feelings         Edit/Delete Post 
My turning point was on the Flintstones.

32 writers for that total piece of corporate art.

Sooo glad I took Hatrack's advice and stopped that horrible habit of screenwriting. It wasted 20 years of my life. Bah! This world doesn't need or want new heroes and mythologies. Gimme Fast and The Furious 12: The Dangerous Donut Bikes! or High School Musical 6: I saw Troy kissing Santa Claus. Or maybe Indiana Jones 7 where they team up with aliens to fight dinosaurs and look for stuff that comes with batteries included.

Maybe a Catcher in the Rye meets Revelations with Matthew Mcghognay and Jennifer Aniston.

They should remake Weekend at Bernies. I believe the "Wait 6 years before making a classic" rule is past.

GO GO GO

Or I dunno, I've always wanted to see Movies based on Breakfast Cereals. Come On, Toucan Sam in a Disney Casablanca, or the Lucky Charms dude frees some stuffed animals and leprechauns that are being persecuted, or a movie based on Corn Flakes, make it all Fellini esque.

Or, Veggie Tales Vs. The Fruits: Bad Bananas Bundling with Bananas. er, ah, heh.

Or, maybe, a movie about Hannah Montana's life story with Robots that stay the same but talk about changing.

OR I KNOW

Babe Ruth Cures Cancer <---- there's a good idea for a feel good movie 3 year olds and 99 year olds can get tinglies from.

or, uh, I got nothin'

Posts: 262 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sachiko
Member # 6139

- posted      Profile for Sachiko   Email Sachiko         Edit/Delete Post 
They just don't make nostalgia like they used to.
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:
quote:
It has been announced that Ridley Scott will be assuming the director's chair for an upcoming film version of the famous board game Monopoly. Scott apparently plans to give the film a futuristic-type feel similar to his 1982 masterpiece Blade Runner.

If this sounds surreal, it is also worth noting that Universal has already lined up a number of similar projects for a long-term development deal. Ouija Board, Battleship, and Trivial Pursuit are all set to be developed similarly into feature films. (This in NOT a joke.)

I just like to pretend that the movie version of Battleship was Midway... Trivial Pursuit was Quiz Show... etc...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All4Nothing
Member # 11601

- posted      Profile for All4Nothing   Email All4Nothing         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope they don't make movies about individual board games. Now a comedy centered around people trapped in various board game worlds might be fun to watch "once". Either way, that's kinda been done, just not comedy style. Thinking of Jumanji and Zathura.

I'm just waiting for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (waits for ridicule), and Boondock Saints: All Saints Day.

Posts: 115 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TH
Member # 11441

- posted      Profile for TH           Edit/Delete Post 
Another Boondock Saints?! -psyched-! [Big Grin]
Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
All4Nothing
Member # 11601

- posted      Profile for All4Nothing   Email All4Nothing         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TH:
Another Boondock Saints?! -psyched-! [Big Grin]

Official Boondock Saints Myspace

There's a link where you can check it out to your hearts content TH. Also, I'm pretty psyched myself!

Posts: 115 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...Toucan Sam in a Disney Casablanca, or the Lucky Charms dude frees some stuffed animals and leprechauns that are being persecuted...
I would watch either of those once they hit tv.

What?

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:

The M*A*S*H and Fame TV shows were better than the movies. The M*A*S*H movie was better than the book(s). And yes, the Footloose stage version came after the movie and surpassed it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn Feelings:
Or I dunno, I've always wanted to see Movies based on Breakfast Cereals. Come On, Toucan Sam in a Disney Casablanca, or the Lucky Charms dude frees some stuffed animals and leprechauns that are being persecuted, or a movie based on Corn Flakes, make it all Fellini esque.

Breakfast of the Gods. Honestly, if someone hasn't bought the movie rights to this, they're missing a bet.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.