FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I made it through the tournament (Update)

Author Topic: I made it through the tournament (Update)
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
So one of the reasons I took a break from Hatrack was because I was in the planning stages of our first FIRST Lego League tournament. Well, we had it yesterday. There were 18 FLL teams and three JrFLL teams. We had major technical issues at first but had everything worked out within the first hour. We got back on schedule and stayed on schedule the rest of the day. Everyone I talked to really enjoyed the tournament and plan to come back next year. My team, which I had to turn over to my brother-in-law on tournament day, did not do as well as I would have hoped. Maybe me being in school and organizing the tournament hurt us a little. We have three weeks to get things back in order for our next tournament.

I'm still gone, for now, but I had to tell someone.

[ January 18, 2009, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: brojack17 ]

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You were in charge of the one at Stillwater? Or just in charge of your team?

Link us to photos, videos etc. of the competition when you get time! That would be awesome.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Both. I am coaching a team and I organized the tourney. Although, I did turn over the coaching on tournament day to my brother-in-law.

I will link to pics and video when I get it done. Right now, we are getting ready for the championship tourney on December 6.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Here is the link to a statewide PBS program that did a story about us.
http://www.okhorizon.com/2009/Show0903/videos/0903_03_LegoCompetition_vid_lg.mov

brojack17
Member # 9189

Our robot made a couple of appearances in the broadcast. Ours is the one with the four large gears going down the side.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
High five!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
This is really, really awesome.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

Thanks everyone. It was really rewarding. I have watched that about 10 times today. I'm pumped for next year. I expect we will double in size (36-40 teams) and tripple the budget ($25-30K).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.