FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How Rude

Author Topic: How Rude
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I get called by a creditor and they put me on hold like... right away. omigawds. Rude, that is rude rude rude. I would sternely hang up on them it if werent important.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd hang up even if it was important.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
No, you wait for them to answer, then put them on hold.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I can only hear the title of this thread in the voice of Jodie Sweetin.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Almost as rude as, say, using a product or service and not paying for it in the agreed upon timeframe?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Almost as rude as, say, using a product or service and not paying for it in the agreed upon timeframe?

Not the only reason to be called by a creditor.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(BTW, who else is hearing the title of this thread in the voice of Jar-Jar Binks?)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
I can only hear the title of this thread in the voice of Jodie Sweetin.

Haha, that's what I was thinking!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
(BTW, who else is hearing the title of this thread in the voice of Jar-Jar Binks?)

That'd be: "How wooed"
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Exactly...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Eh, nevermind.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Nah, was asked by Best Buy when I be makin' payment.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Did it go like this?

Best Buy: So, I was just wondering when you plan to pay.
Blayne: Uh, I hadn't really thought about it.
Best Buy: Oh, OK. I was just curious. It's totally not a huge deal.
Blayne: Huh. Are you worried about it?
Best Buy: No no no. Just, like, remembered that you were going to pay us and started to wonder when. So I just called, cuz I didn't really have much to do and I was just curious.
Blayne: OK. I don't want things to get weird or anything. You can tell me if you're worried about it.
Best Buy: I know. Totally. I'm not worried, just was kinda wondering. That's all.
Blayne: OK, just making sure. Listen, I gotta go.
Best Buy: OK, so, uh, I guess I'll just get back to later...um...or you could call me when you know when you can pay. Argh, there I go again! Ha ha. OK, so, bye, I guess.
Blayne: Yeah, bye.
<click>
Blayne: I rule.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I love it when they ask "so when can we expect payment?"

"Well, you can expect payment anytime, so you'd better be ready."

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

My question is why they bother with some of the letters they send. I had a school bill due that I hadn't quite come up with the money for yet, and they sent me a bill with a return envelope for like four thousand dollars with an almost casual letter about how I should send off a prompy payment.

How many people respond to that by going "Oh, wow, I totally forgot about that. Let me go into my Scrooge McDuck like vault of gold coins and yank out four grand to send off, cause it's no big deal." It's the casual way in which they expect the money back that makes it seem so ludicrous. I mean obviously I owe it, but if I haven't paid it yet, I probably have some sort of snag in the process and I'm not just sitting on a load of cash that I either forgot about or am refusing to actually fork over.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I said I had forgot and would pay as soon as possible, which i did, went to Best Buy and made a payment in person.
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I've been imperfect in making payments on time, and I highly prefer a gentle reminder phrased as a question to the things that landlords tend to do: post a "pay or vacate" notice on the door with threatening legalese.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I mean obviously I owe it, but if I haven't paid it yet, I probably have some sort of snag in the process and I'm not just sitting on a load of cash that I either forgot about or am refusing to actually fork over.

They probably are hoping you'll send something, and I imagine they are required to take certain steps like that legally before perusing more aggressive collection methods. Also, there probably are some people who just genuinely forget to take care of it.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:

Noooooooooooo [Angst]

Oh that pesky KQ varmint... Where's the mind bleach?

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid I thought it would be fun to be a bill collector, calling people up and making them nervous. >_>
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Jar Jar Binks? Does it date me to say I heard it in Threepio's voice?
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think so.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.