FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help my sister have an awesome wedding :-)

Author Topic: Help my sister have an awesome wedding :-)
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Hatrack! I've been reduced to a lurker for the past bit because of an insane schedule, but now I need your help.

My wonderful older sister got engaged last month to the man of her dreams. It's funny, because he really does match up almost perfectly with her idea of a "perfect husband" growing up. But don't let me tell you about it ... read about it here: http://elizabethleighton.com/blog/. They are Hannah and Adam.

To sum up, my sister and her fiancee submitted their story to this contest. Now they're finalists, with the prize being free photography and flowers for the wedding. My sister is the type of girl who always dreamt of having a beautiful wedding, and this would certainly go a long way towards making that dream come true. I suppose having a good husband to be is important too, but whatever [Wink] . Seriously though, I've met the guy and he's really solid and really good for my sister, so that's all the more reason to vote. But if you're the type of person who can empathize with my sister's dream, please vote. Or if their story touches you. If neither of those work, just vote because I'm asking you too [Smile] .

You can vote once per day up until the 28th, so if you've got a free 30 seconds, that would be awesome. If you've got a free 5 minutes or so, I really would encourage you to read their story. It makes me tear up. Again, their names are Hannah and Adam. Thanks!

(Oh, and if one of the other stories strikes your fancy more, thats all well and good, but only vote for my sister! I mean, she is the only one who has a brother cool enough to be on Hatrack [Wink] [Wink] )

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted!
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted here!
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
when I voted, they were winning. [Smile]
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Just an fyi - the person who owns the site can probably see how people get to that site - i.e. what link they click. If he/she notices a lot of links coming from Hatrack, he/she may investigate - and sometimes these rules don't allow for the sort of plea/spam (I mean that in a nice way!) that Dr. Strangelove made.

Any ideas on the rules of the contest, Dr. S?

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it says the final decision is up to the photographer.

Would just copying the link address into the browser remedy the problem?

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Given that there is politicking happening in the comments of the poll, I doubt this is a problem. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I voted, and that IS a cute story. [Smile]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww, congrats to them! (I voted, too.)
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Your sister is getting married? Seriously I feel old.

Voting.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I know breyer. I know.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.