FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Seattle weather vs SEATAC

Author Topic: Seattle weather vs SEATAC
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
So, we have a flight to catch at 7PM tomorrow, and all the bus lines for the most part appear to be down. What would be the best way to get to SEATAC tomorrow? We're thinking taxi, but this morning they were flooded, not sure how that'll be tomorrow.

I guess it's cleared up now, but it's freezing. Hopefully the road crews will take care of most of the offending roads overnight.

Just looking for options. Wish that light rail was up, but I'm not sure if the weather would've affected that too! [Smile]

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck. I need to get to the dentist tomorrow, so I'm going to be using the bus. I'm hoping the fact that the 16 doesn't have very many steep hills on it's route means it will be running. Even if it's slow, I hope it's running by tomorrow.

I wish that Seattle had some sort of organized system of street plows. Although it has been entertaining watching the few folks who decided to try to drive today trying to get up and down the hill by my house. No accidents, just very very cautious and swerve-y.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Airporter shuttle? They may be expensive.
I am so shocked about the buses going down.
My neighbor ( we live in Fed Way) works at the U and it took her 5 hours to get home by bus last night.
She did not go in today.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Luet, it might be wise to call and confirm that the dentist's office is open before you make the trek. It would suck to finally get there and discover that the dentist had gotten stuck in a ditch somewhere.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Noemon's recommendation and add to romanylass': sometimes there are airport shuttles in larger cities that make the rounds for the major hotels. This can be quite inexpensive. You can try calling a few large hotels and asking around, should that avenue look to be of service.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, and CT, thanks for the advice. Had I looked on here earlier I might have taken it. When I got to the dentist, the door was locked and the lights were dim. I almost panicked, but I called their 800 number and discovered they were on lunch. Phew. I would have been unhappy if they were closed.

I ended up hiking around a bit today. I figured if I was already out, I'd better make the most of it. So I got a haircut and did a small bit of grocery shopping. Growing up in Chicago gave me a firm grip on how to walk on ice, so I never even slid. Though, goodness knows, I saw plenty of people sliding all over the place. Also a bus had slid through a guardrail on a hill and half of it was hanging over I-5. I hope all those folks are okay.

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Super shuttle is far less expensive than a taxi. Call and make a reservation. You tell them the time of your flight and they will give you a pick up time. I suspect they will leave plenty of extra time due to the storm. I don't know where you live in Seattle but the internet advertises $21 round trip from UW which is about half what it was last time I was in town.

I happen to be in Seattle doing some work at the UW right now. The forecast for tomorrow is atrocious. If it is as bad as forecast, flights are likely to be cancelled so I'd definitely check with the airline before heading to the airport.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Super shuttle is only far less expensive than a taxi if you're not sharing a fare. And in many cities I've been to of late, taxi fare is only a dollar or two over super shuttle costs to common destinations.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've been feeling the snow pretty hard up here. I just bought some chains... I've been weathering it.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.