FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heads up, I'm blogging again...

Author Topic: Heads up, I'm blogging again...
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Decided what with the explosion of blogs on our paper from reporters with things to say (and who may want to be seen as Web-savvy and therefore hireable) that it was time to break mine out again, so you guys get the brunt of it:

I have joined the iCult

The last few months have been a time of soul-searching, of sleepless nights, of bouts of anguish and ruthless self-examination to determine who I am and what I want to be in the future.

What I am now... is a man with an iPod Touch.

Up to this point I had successfully avoided the Apple cult, sometimes with the aid of diversions and clever disguises. I've just always used a PC, mostly from the inertia of always having had one. My MP3 player has been whatever was selling for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart that was marginally capable of pushing a song into my earhole. And my handheld needs have been more than adequately filled by my series of increasingly complicated Palm Pilots.

Besides, Apple fans are... let's face it, they're a little scary. I've used Macs in college and here at work, and yeah, they're decent machines, I've got nothing against them. If you don't gush about them, Mac fans simply regard you as a lesser being who simply doesn't get it. But God help you if you even slightly disparage anything with a shiny, half-eaten apple on the side or hordes of rabid iPod people will swarm hand-over-hand across your column, blog and Twitter feed to click and hold you until you submit and endlessly sing the praises of Steve Jobs and all that he holds dear. Even if I was interested in a Mac, I would feel like someone slightly intrigued by Scientology who was freaked out by Tom Cruise.

More...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Of course, I'll be doomed the moment they make one with Holodeck capability. You just know they're working on it. [Angst]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.