FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Was reading everything you thought it would be like? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Was reading everything you thought it would be like?
Colonel Graff
Member # 11872

- posted      Profile for Colonel Graff   Email Colonel Graff         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember before when I first started reading that I only knew a few things about reading. I knew there was text on a page. I know that what I was doing in my classes was reading. I didn't know how much impact that text on a page could have on you. Before I read the book 1984, I had no idea, that books could influence you in a very powerful way. I didn't know that reading would ever be like that. I used to think that before that reading was for nerds. I used to buy into this idea that somehow reading is nerdy and shouldn't be done. Now for me it's quite the opposite. Now I like reading and now I think people who don't read are missing out on a lot. So, I ask you is reading everything you thought it would be?
Posts: 50 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
May I ask how old you are and how old you were when you started to read? I learned to read before I was 5 years old, over 4 decades ago. Before I learned to read, my mother read to me. As best I can recall, I have been immersed in the written word since birth. Asking me what I thought reading would be like, is like asking me what I thought breathing or eating would be like.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Graff, is this the only thing you talk about?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colonel Graff
Member # 11872

- posted      Profile for Colonel Graff   Email Colonel Graff         Edit/Delete Post 
I learned to read when I was like around 11 years old. I never was really much of a reader when I was young. There weren't any books that interested me. I liked to play video games all the time. I started to read when I was 11 years old. I got interested in reading when I read the Harry Potter books. Then I started to read these other fantasy books. I stopped reading until I was 17 years old and then I started reading again... and now I like it a lot more since I read 1984 and I read other books that made me appreciate reading more.
Posts: 50 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colonel Graff
Member # 11872

TomDavidson, to answer your question, no. I made this thread because I remember having a perception which was created by pop culture that made it seem like people who read books were nerds. I am asking if anyone else had a similar view of reading before they started reading.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Before I learned to read, the "pop culture" I was exposed to were Superfriends and PBS children's programming, which all made reading seem swell.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I learned to read when I was like around 11 years old.
This explains a lot. It is very rare for people who start reading that late to become avid readers so you are quite unusual. You will find that most people who enjoy reading started reading at a very young age before they had clearly formed preconceptions. You will have a hard time finding any avid readers who will be able to answer your question.

quote:
I made this thread because I remember having a perception which was created by pop culture that made it seem like people who read books were nerds.
I think you must come from a different sub-culture than I do. I am unaware of a pop culture stigma against reading in general. There are some stereotypes about science fiction fans but I'm simply not familiar with a general negative stereotype about people who read.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister learned to read at a similar age. No one caught on until difficulties in the 4th grade cuz she was so intelligent that she memorized enough of what teachers were saying and what others were reading out loud, and recognized just enough written words to guess the meaning of test questions sufficiently well to get passing grades.
After getting Ds then learning to read, she became an outstanding student.....and an avid reader.

[ January 07, 2009, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am unaware of a pop culture stigma against reading in general. There are some stereotypes about science fiction fans but I'm simply not familiar with a general negative stereotype about people who read.
I sure am. Heck, the word "bookish" is almost synonymous with "nerdy".
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was reading everything you thought it would be like?
I thought it would allow me to know what the little black marks meant. And it did!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
I am unaware of a pop culture stigma against reading in general. There are some stereotypes about science fiction fans but I'm simply not familiar with a general negative stereotype about people who read.
I sure am. Heck, the word "bookish" is almost synonymous with "nerdy".
Yes, but bookish generally implies much more than just literate. I am unfamiliar with a pop-culture that would label all people who read "bookish" or "nerdy".
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

People at work -constantly- remark on the fact that I read. Not just magazines or the newspaper, but big thick novels. Those who don't also read a lot remark often on how unusual and odd they find it.

I'm very familiar with such a pop culture, Rabbit.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday in class I told my students that I was reading "Walking the Gobi," which I received as a Christmas present from my brother.

The response was immediate: "You got a book for Christmas?" with the same amount of disdain that someone might say, "You got coal for Christmas?"

That told me a lot about what that particular student thinks of reading.

I don't think there's any sort of stigma attached to literacy, but those who love reading with the same sort of passion that some people love sports, music or movies are often branded as nerdy.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I think by "reading" Colonel Graff means "reading for pleasure", not just being able to translate marks on a page into words.

Of course, I also thought he was about 10 or 11, so I could be wrong about this too.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
May I ask how old you are and how old you were when you started to read? I learned to read before I was 5 years old, over 4 decades ago. Before I learned to read, my mother read to me. As best I can recall, I have been immersed in the written word since birth. Asking me what I thought reading would be like, is like asking me what I thought breathing or eating would be like.

This is the same for me. Where I grew up, students were taught to read in first grade. But my mom was a reading teacher, so I was able to read by the time I was in pre-school. I have no memory of a time when I couldn't read.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeorge:
The response was immediate: "You got a book for Christmas?" with the same amount of disdain that someone might say, "You got coal for Christmas?"

I asked for almost nothing but books this year. My favorite gift this year was the boxed set of The Feynman Lectures on Physics, the Definitive Edition.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
My family are all avid readers, and I'm the only one who doesn't remember a time before reading. My mother and sisters all vividly remember wanting to learn to read before they actually did learn. So I don't know that lacking memory of that necessarily correlates with love of reading.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
We have to remember that Hatrack is not an accurate representation of the general population. This is the forum of an author, and most of the people that come here love reading.

Many people, especially younger people, not only have an active dislike for reading themselves, but also think that anyone who does it is a nerd...and you don't want to be a nerd do you?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I don't remember not reading.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I was telling someone that I was working on a novel, but having a hard time of it.

He asked me, "Have you ever tried one of your kids' books for starters? Maybe move up from there?"

It took me a few seconds to realize he thought I meant reading a novel. I laughed and promptly assured him that I'm usually reading 2 or 3 novels at a time. Reading has never been a problem. Writing one is still eluding me.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I can remember, when I was learning the alphabet (so...what, probably one, one and a half? Somewhere in there), looking at printed text and trying to figure out what it was for. I knew that my parents spent a lot of time looking at the pages that were covered with letters, but I wasn't sure why, since it wasn't even like they were in order or anything. I also knew that books contained stories somehow, since my parents read to me, but I wasn't sure what the mechanism was. I don't remember when the lightbulb lit up, though, and I figured out what was going on.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember my mom making a scrapbook for me with letters and pictures of things that started with those letters. And there was a phonics oriented comic strip. I don't remember when that became reading though. Long before kindergarten, though.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It took me a few seconds to realize he thought I meant reading a novel. I laughed and promptly assured him that I'm usually reading 2 or 3 novels at a time. Reading has never been a problem. Writing one is still eluding me.
Same here. I'm struggling through what I hope will be my first finished novel. It will be about my 20th novel that I have begun,but my problem has always been finishing it.

One of these days.....

Of course, I never though I'd go back to college and get a degree at my age, but I graduate in May. [Smile] so anything is possible...I just have to make the time to sit down and finish the darn thing.

As for the topic, like many here, I don't remember NOT reading. My mom said I taught myself, because I had an older brother who was learning to read and I lay in the floor on the opposite side of him and followed the words as he read them. I actually got my first exposure to the written word upside down. Some of it must have stuck, because I can read fluently with the book turned upside down, even today.

My mom said in kindergarten the teacher was frustrated because it's normal for kids to write letters backward...but I was the first one she met that tended to write them upside down. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

I didn't make my letters backwards, but I did write right to left when I first started.

Well, now I'm second guessing myself. I don't recall writing letters backward, but I'll check with my parents and see.

[ January 07, 2009, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

Wow, Noemon! If you can really remember back to age 1.5, that's impressive. My earliest memory is at age three, and it's only a memory of a few seconds.
scifibum
Member # 7625

I have some memories of age 3-4 but I think they are false memories constructed of stories my parents told me.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, you write some darn good bodice-ripper romance. Ever thought of going that direction? You might be able to finish a novel! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember learning to read, only learning to write. My first written word was 'pop' and I wrote it all over the page. I haven't stopped since.

As for perceptions of readers, I guess I am aware of the stereotypes, but I have never had a problem with them. I've always occupied the geeky end of the spectrum, so reading has just fit naturally into that. Most of my friends liked or tolerated people who had their noses stuck in a book. People who didn't I only assumed were missing out.

As an adult I've never really encountered anyone who has commented on reading, probably because I also do things like watch TV. It is more of what I read that has caused any gaps between me and others.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Monahan:
Wow, Noemon! If you can really remember back to age 1.5, that's impressive. My earliest memory is at age three, and it's only a memory of a few seconds.

My early memories are really spotty, but I can remember bits and pieces from back then. My earliest memory is of being in my crib, watching my brother and my mom put up loony tune posterboard cutouts up on the walls. My mother told my brother not to put a Yosimite Sam to close to the crib, as I'd tear it. I tried to say that I wouldn't do that, but I couldn't speak yet, and it just came as as a babble. I was so frustrated and angry at not being able to talk that I started crying. My mom thinks that I was probably about 9 months old when she got those cutouts. I'm aware that it isn't considered possible for kids that age to form memories, but unless that and all of my other really early memories (being scared of the way my cradle rocked, being fascinated by the eyehook that I could see but couldn't reach on the cradle, being lonely when put down for a nap in my crib, trying to decide whether it was better to scoot or crawl, that sort of thing) are false, the people who believe that are wrong. Or I'm some kind of mutant. But I figure they're probably just wrong.
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Or I'm some kind of mutant
Bean?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Graff:

Well, reading this thread was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be like.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Memories. I have some from when I was two. For example, I remember being given a particular action figure. I remember playing with my grandpa's cane. But I don't remember my grandfather... he was there, but he isn't in my memory at all. I remember getting into a car accident. I remember being in a car, and going over a bridge one time, at night. I remember a few other things, I think. But my memories only really start to come back when I was 3 or so, maybe 4 before they became significant. I remember a LOT from back then, however.

Now, the thing is, when it comes to books, my mother always read to me. From comic books, in fact. I remember her doing so from the time I was very little. I always had a book with me. I always kept one by me, and I always enjoyed them. I suppose the same is true today, considering I always have one or more books on my person at all times when I go out. When I forget to bring at least one, I almost feel naked.

I don't really remember learning to read. I read from when I was little. I think, though... oh! I remember something from before I could read well now. A particular store had a name, and I couldn't make out what it said. It was as meaningless, say, as Korean is to me now. I don't remember quite how young I was then. But I know I learned to read fairly early, and I appreciated books even before I could read them.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Speed:
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Graff:

Well, reading this thread was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be like.
Because you already made a thread exactly like this.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't recall making a thread exactly like this. [Confused]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Well don't I feel silly...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember learning to read. I had two much-older siblings (ten and seven years older), and they both loved to read. I don't remember being read to much, except a little bit from Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, and Sense and Sensibility (which I thought was awful and ridiculous when I was five, but which I like quite well now).

I remember that when I went to school, they put us in various levels of reading groups, and they said that I already knew how to read (which I remember surprised me), so they put me in the highest level, which was mostly about learning new words. My best friend explained to me how to move up a level. (You read the whole book, and then tell them that you did so, so they'll move you up.) She and I kept leveling up in this fashion until we got to non-stupid books. I remember seeing the word "magic" in one of the early books, and asking my mother what that word was.

I remember that my mother used to bring home boxes from her job, and the boxes were labeled "computer" since they originally held paper for dot-matrix printers (you remember the kind-- with the extra strips on the side to guide the paper through the printer), and I couldn't figure out what that word was on the side of the box. I could say it, but I had no idea what it meant.

I remember that I made a lot of mistakes reading. I once asked my mother what deh-ter-myn-ded people were. My older brother (who enjoyed teasing and pranks) told me that it meant someone who jumped off the bridge because everyone else did.

I remember being bored with the picture books. My Mom would let me check out only four books at a time, and I would check them out, take them home, and read them in under thirty minutes, and then have nothing to read. My Mom tried to drag me into the section with chapter books, but I was afraid that someone would come tell me I didn't belong there. I remember, though, one of the first of those books that I read. It was called Benvenuto and was about a kid who found an egg and managed to get it to hatch and it was a dinosaur.

I remember when I was very small, I told someone that I'd just written my first letter. The person asked me which letter it was, and I gave them a puzzled look and told them that it was to my grandparents.

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
People at work -constantly- remark on the fact that I read. Not just magazines or the newspaper, but big thick novels. Those who don't also read a lot remark often on how unusual and odd they find it.

That's probably because you read while you should be working... :ducks:
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
"As best I can recall, I have been immersed in the written word since birth. Asking me what I thought reading would be like, is like asking me what I thought breathing or eating would be like."

Absolutely this is how I feel. Unlike many here I am a slow reader taking one book at a time, but I read a lot for what I can because I love the written word.

My most vivid first memory of reading was "Dick and Jane" in Kindergarten. Students sat around a desk and read a sentence or two. When it came to me I read what was assigned, but I wanted to keep reading and out loud. However, I did mildly wonder why we were reading such a meaningless book. For as long as I can remember my favorite place to go was the library.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
That's probably because you read while you should be working... :ducks:

I can't read while I'm working. I'm a Material Handler. [Razz]
Orincoro
Member # 8854

And yet you can't seem to handle my material... [Razz]
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Oh, that was another sweet yams joke? [Smile]
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dean:
I remember, though, one of the first of those books that I read. It was called Benvenuto and was about a kid who found an egg and managed to get it to hatch and it was a dinosaur.

This is entirely irrelevant to your point, but I can't help myself: Benvenuto was actually a dragon. [Smile]

Otherwise, I'd have to add my voice to the "I can't remember ever not reading" chorus. I grew up surrounded by books.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone wish they read faster than they do? My mother was one of those people who could read a book in a day or two, she could start a book on the bus on the way to work and finish it on the way home that night; even in her 80s she could read a book faster than I can.

I love to read, have read ever since I could remember, and feel empty without a book of some sort going, but a fast read for me is 4 or 5 days (depending on the size of the book of course), more usually being at least acouple of weeks.

Ususally I'm happy with my reading rate: I like to savour the language, even rereading passages more than once to enjoy the language, and love inhabiting the worlds authors create for extended periods, rather than whipping through town full speed, so to speak.

But yesterday, after spending my Christmas dollars at Borders and wishing I had more money to spend, I started wishing, at least a little bit, I could read as fast as my mother did. I've got a stack of about 20 books by my bed waiting to be read and a bunch more I want to buy so I can enjoy them too. I'm 56 in a month and so have got to the point where I have gained an awareness that the time will come eventually when some of those books I keep adding to my bedside stack won't actually get read, and that bothers me. I love books and can't think of anything I would rather do than read. The end of that is not a nice thought.

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

Same here Cashew. My mom reads novels at a clip I can't begin to match. I can force myself to read faster but it's at the price of enjoyment and comprehension. I haven't figured out whether my mom is making that tradeoff or her brain is just faster than mine.
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's what I wonder too, but I think my mother's brain (at least) was faster than mine. She had a photographic memory for much of her life. I remember loaning her Last of the Amazons by Steven Pressfield when she was 85, and watched her read the last 300-odd pages in a little over two hours while she was at my house. I was flabbergasted.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Oh, that was another sweet yams joke? [Smile]

You know my sweet yams bring all the boys to the yard...
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by scifibum:
Same here Cashew. My mom reads novels at a clip I can't begin to match. I can force myself to read faster but it's at the price of enjoyment and comprehension. I haven't figured out whether my mom is making that tradeoff or her brain is just faster than mine.

My mother reads at an incredible rate as well, but ask her to discuss *anything* she has read, and she really can't. Her recall of detail is very low. So she can read 5 books in a weekend on vacation, and not remember having read them the next year.
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Cashew:
I love books and can't think of anything I would rather do than read. The end of that is not a nice thought.

A week or two ago my girlfriend and I were talking about what we'd do if we had to choose between eating nutritious but flavorless gruel for the rest of our lives, but being supplied with all of the books we wanted, and only reading dry textbooks on subjects we weren't particularly interested in, magazines (not counting ficiton magazines), and newspapers for the rest of our lives, but being supplied with as varied and delicious a diet as we could imagine. We both went with the books. I'd regret either decision, I'm sure, but I'd regret going without the books more than I would going without the tasty food.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take the food.

I can write. I can't cook.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.