FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The most disturbing cake wreck yet... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The most disturbing cake wreck yet...
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
So you are stocking up on children in case one of them aspirates on a falafel? Now I think I begin to understand you.

[ROFL]

Falafel (the ones I make) are sufficiently squishy not to be easily aspirated. [Monkeys]

Squishy foods not easily aspirated? Since When? I've heard that marshmallows are the most common thing on which children choke to death and marshmallows are plenty squishy.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Choking is when the airway is blocked, aspiration is when something (normally a fluid) is actually inhaled into the lungs. Small hard objects are the most easily aspirated things because they encounter less friction. So, it's easier to aspirate something hard, and easier to choke on something soft, I believe.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And by that I mean, I literally pour the tomato sauce cold out of the can onto a bowl of noodles, stir, and eat.
I used to do that at college all the time! What's the point of getting another dish dirty? Especially when you're only cooking for yourself!

Now that I've been married for ... ahem ... a while, and cooking for a family, whenever we get lazy and just pour sauce directly out of the jar onto the noodles, we call it "college spaghetti".

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Cold?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell yes, cold. What are you gonna do, microwave the can? Get real! Take that kind of talk to fancy town, Mr. Fancy Pants McGee Von Imasnob!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

I meant Jenna.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we drain the noodles, then pour the sauce onto them right in the pot and stir it all up together, so it gets heated up warm enough to eat. And it's not like the sauce was refrigerator-cold to begin with. So it's edible.

It's hard for me to overstate how many of my cooking decisions are based on the number of pots I'll have to get dirty. I hate doing dishes. Love one-dish meals.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Shvester!
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna- is there really any other way of making spaghetti?
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

This week on "A Sabbath Meal" they're making gelfite fish. It actually looks pretty good.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.