FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » costs of stylus'?

Author Topic: costs of stylus'?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
anyone know how much a decent one costs?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
probably more than an indecent one.

[Razz]

Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

i seem to be having trouble finding one, you know the things used to make drawings but on your computer?
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean a tablet? Those start at around $100 for something small and basic and go up into multiple hundreds for larger format models with more features. Amazon lists several Wacom models.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
You can get Genius tablets for ~$50. Depending on what you'll be using it for, they can definitely do the job; just don't expect the same quality and features as a mid-range Wacom.

On the other hand, if you want the safety of an established brand name, Wacom makes one for $70.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Basically i want to do some doodling and artwork on my PC but I cant draw anything at all with my mouse.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
A stylus' what?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Voila
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Wacom tablets have also become popular as music instruments- you can write all kinds of interesting programs for them in Max/Msp.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Woot.Com has sold a ton of cheap DigiPro tablets in the past few months. They might be worth keeping an eye on in case they come up yet again, possibly during a Woot-Off. And Geeks.Com has 'em for not terribly much more.

(I got an 8"x6" one myself in a fit of totally unwarranted optimism, forgetting my lack of drawing skills. Seemed to work well enough the couple of times I tried it...)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shmuel:
(I got an 8"x6" one myself in a fit of totally unwarranted optimism, forgetting my lack of drawing skills. Seemed to work well enough the couple of times I tried it...)

Hey Blayne, I know where you might be able to get a gently used tablet...
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Architraz Warden:
Hey Blayne, I know where you might be able to get a gently used tablet...

Hee.

It's a thought, but I still have some faint hope that I'll put it to use someday.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm style-less and I'm pretty cheap.

Oh, Stylus, not style-less.

Nevermind.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I basically want to draw an Oots style comic about my NWN2 adventures [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.