FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, web devs.

Author Topic: Hey, web devs.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Can any of you recommend an embeddable RSS aggregator? I need filtration by content and/or keyword, skinnable if possible, user-friendly UI is a must (users aren't going to be able to edit the js parameters themselves if they want changes). Free is best, license is okay, monthly or annual fees are undesirable.

Thanks!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you want to do user management of the feeds? Can each user choose their own feeds to aggregate, or is that chosen by the site admin?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Let me clarify: the users I'm referring to are the people who own the site and will be serving as its admins (and are technically unsavvy). They just need to be able to modify what keywords and feeds the aggregator scans for: the aggregator only needs to produce one list.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Is the site currently using any existing framework or CMS?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'm building it around Expression Engine.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

You might find this interesting. It looks like you'd have to set up a cron job, but it gives you a lot more flexibility within EE itself to manage the feed details:
http://www.brandnewbox.co.uk/products/details/feedgrab/

erosomniac
Member # 6834

That might do it. Thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.