FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dawn Treader News

Author Topic: Dawn Treader News
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Publisher's Lunch, Walden Media has partnered with Fox to take on Dawn Treader.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

Aha!

Link

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! Was wondering when we'd hear more about a Dawn Treader film. So exciting!
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Good. Though the article's griping about the story lacking a clear antagonist worries me. Why have they been programmed to believe all fantasy films need a Big Bad? It's a different kind of story, with more personal, internal conflicts. Harrumph. [Wink]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
YES!!!!!!!!

i LOVED Caspian! I can't wait. I was so disappointed...

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
YES!!!!!!!!

THAT MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE [Mad]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:
It's a different kind of story, with more personal, internal conflicts.
I have to admit that the personal, internal conflicts of grammar school children doesn't really entice me.

[Big Grin]

I'd love to see a movie about two siblings and their snotty cousin who are whisked away to a fantastic world of danger and magic.

Armoth
Member # 4752

quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
quote:
YES!!!!!!!!

THAT MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE [Mad]
::sigh:: Here we go again...

I liked the movie. I forgave the children, and I saw it as a movie about courage. All is possible when you have courage - I bought myself a little sword from the movie to keep on my desk at all times to remind me of that lesson. I thought it was a beautiful movie.

Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
quote:
It's a different kind of story, with more personal, internal conflicts.
I have to admit that the personal, internal conflicts of grammar school children doesn't really entice me.

[Big Grin]

I'd love to see a movie about two siblings and their snotty cousin who are whisked away to a fantastic world of danger and magic.

Would you love to see a stock villain shoehorned into that, though?

Why does the article see the lack of one as a weakness? I find the conflicts in VDT to be far more interesting without one.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Puffy.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

Have you read the books Armoth? My nostalgia told me that they were great; however, the movies were not up to par.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

Yup. When I was a kid. I didn't like the first movie - I wasn't even going to see Caspian. But after being dragged to the theater, I was pleasantly surprised.
Member # 11614

quote:
Yup. When I was a kid. I didn't like the first movie - I wasn't even going to see Caspian. But after being dragged to the theater, I was pleasantly surprised.

>.>

<.<

ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very glad to see this going again! Dawn Treader is one of my favourites of the series.

As for a lack of a clear antagonist, Eustace provides one for a while, along with the very perils of the sea and the fears of sailing over the edge of the world! How are we lacking an antagonist? We need to learn how to do high adventure again.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.