FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And now for something completely random...

Author Topic: And now for something completely random...
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
We have one of those big oversized comics they put out in the 70s that reprinted famous first issues from the past. We have Action #1 and Whiz Comics #2, which contain the first appearances of Superman and Captain Marvel. But Whiz #2 actually introduced 7 different characters, one of whom was Scoop Smith.

My daughter is into comics now (my fault), and she was reading this. And looking over her shoulder, I noticed that the two main characters in the story (other than Scoop Smith himself) were named Dr. John Galt and Dr. James Kirk. Galt was the good guy, btw, and Kirk was the villain.

It made me wonder whether Rand and/or Roddenbery got the names from this story.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
How's about you stop starting so many threads... huh? What? Wanna fight about it?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
http://xkcd.com/221/
Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.