FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Patrick Rothfuss on the non-release date of his second book.

Author Topic: Patrick Rothfuss on the non-release date of his second book.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
At least he's kept his sense of humor.

Those inaccurate Amazon release dates have a nasty habit of raising false hopes, eh? [Frown]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I found the author's attitude about how brilliant his boks are to be a little off-putting. Is he really that great?
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I can only speak for myself, but I loved The Name of the Wind.

Of course, I'm waiting for book 2 before I decide if it's a Great Work or just a fluke. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I also really loved The Name of the Wind.

Also, judging by his writing style...he is very snarky and sarcastic. His comments about how brilliant his books are likely partially ego, but also partially joking around.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Name of the Wind was good. I'm looking forward to the 2nd as well.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.