FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Waiting on Concordia University (Montreal) Application

Author Topic: Waiting on Concordia University (Montreal) Application
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have applied for the following:

Major in Bachalers Degree of Computer Sciences (Focus in Game Design and Development) minor in Mandarin Culture and language

Major in Liberal Arts Degree in Political Sciences minor in Mandarin Culture and language

Major in Liberal Arts in History minor in Mandarin Culture and language.

These are my first, second and third choices, so far they are assessing my first choice, if accepted itll turn green if not red and will go on to assess my second and third choices.

Probably won't make it for my first choice, as my CRC isn't quite high enough but maybe Ill get in with my letter(s) of recomendation. The other two choices all I need is my DEC in CEGEP and I'm fine, then Ild need to do is do well enough for the semester next and then switch back in to bachCompSci the semester after according to Concordia Admissions.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hint: it helps if you spell it "Bachelor."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beleaguered
Member # 11983

- posted      Profile for beleaguered           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you luck. I hope you're accepted for your first choice. I guess you'd be equally happy in a career in any of these three fields? It looks to me like they're quite different, and would result in very different types of occupations.
Computer sciences looks like the most practical choice, and focussing on game design . . . you'd have no problems getting a high paying job right from the start.

I have two brothers-in-law in that field, and they love it.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

the 2nd and 3rd choices are for the sole purpose of raising my GPA if my CRC isnt high enough, then after the first semester reapply and switch back into CompSci.

I wil get into it even if I have to Hadoken every single orphanage in the western hemosphere.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In all seriousness, Blayne, now is the time for you to start working on game mods.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I have 2 books Learn C++ a Hour a Day and the OpenGL Super bible, Plus I have a XNA Micrsoft Game making program thingy where you can make money by publishing your own Xbox 360 or Windows games (My school gets me a membership in the XNA club)
TomDavidson
Member # 124

Start.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Do not collect 200$?
TomDavidson
Member # 124

No, that would be "Go."
I said "start," as in "start using those tools you have to write games, because a CompSci degree will be less useful to you in getting a job in the games industry than a bunch of quality games and mods to your credit."

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.