FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Where the Wild Things Are" poster....

Author Topic: "Where the Wild Things Are" poster....
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Been a long, long time since I heard anything about this film.

Though apparently a trailer will turn up with Monsters Versus Aliens in some theaters.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't that seem scary and menacing?
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it looks pretty cool. Certainly catches the eye.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's supposed to be roaring or yawning or something... but it does rather look like he's screaming. It doesn't really look menacing though cause his body language isn't that of fear, nor is the wild thing's body language that of aggression.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Last I had heard, they were doing major retooling because the prior result was causing small children to run away screaming.

Hopefully they succeeded. Double-hopefully, they succeeded without boring the molasses out of the adults.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
I get on websites like comingsoon.net and it's funny cause like 80% of the comments about "Where the Wild Things" are "I hope he keeps it dark," "It needs to be dark," "DARK, DARK, DARK," and so forth. Dude, it's based on a children's book.
I know it's got monsters and they threaten to eat the kid at one point but I don't ever remembered being scared by the book when I was a wee lad.
That said, these little glimpses have gotten me really excited for the movie. I'm very happy that the look of the Wild Things and the boy are so faithful to the book's illustrations. At this link here, you can see some shots of the creature's faces:
http://ferrarimurakami.blogspot.com/2009/01/where-wild-things-are-skateboard-decks.html

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
I think he's supposed to be roaring or yawning or something... but it does rather look like he's screaming. It doesn't really look menacing though cause his body language isn't that of fear, nor is the wild thing's body language that of aggression.

True story, it's all in the eyebrows, definitely screaming eyebrows.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think he's supposed to be roaring or yawning or something... but it does rather look like he's screaming.
I think he's saying "I'm gonna eat you up," and he's about T minus 30 seconds from getting sent to bed without any supper.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.