FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BEWARE! I was Nearly SCAMMED on Ebay!

Author Topic: BEWARE! I was Nearly SCAMMED on Ebay!
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
So some person bid on my broken Playstation 2 I am trying to get rid of. They did Buy it Now, but Ebay removed and canceled the bidding on my item and removed it because this person was using someone else's account to bid on the item.
They then proceeded to send me an email and some fake Paypal mail saying the money ($150) had been sent to my account and would not be released until I sent the tracking number.
BEWARE! These folks had a Nigeria address and would have taken my broken dusty item and fleed without paying for it. DO NOT BE FOOLED!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
how much do you think you'll get for a broken playstation 2? I just gave mine away when it broke. I could use an extra 25 bucks about now. [Wink]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know. Perhaps around 25 or more. Folks use them for spare parts.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luthe
Member # 1601

- posted      Profile for luthe   Email luthe         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the internet.
Posts: 1458 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.