FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Series 5 Doctor Who rumor

Author Topic: Series 5 Doctor Who rumor
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Potential spoiler

If true, this could start a new "fusion fandom"

I don't know...while I love the actress, I'd rather see her playing a different character.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be good - I loved the fandom crossover when they had Anthony Head in Doctor Who. In fact, she'd probably be a good actor to pick for a companion.
But it's probably not happening. I heard that this rumour started because apparently Gillian Anderson is currently in a play with Christopher Eccleston.

Rather like all the rumours about Patrick Stewart being in one of the specials because he was in Hamlet with David Tennant.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Oh, well.

On the other hand, Gillian has worked with the BBC before. She was great on Bleak House. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
How'd the Rani survive the Time War? It's like Kryptonians in Superman. Did anyone actually die in that war?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
How'd the Rani survive the Time War? It's like Kryptonians in Superman. Did anyone actually die in that war?

Two Time Lords out of the entire population of Gallifrey isn't all that large a number.

Out of non-Time Lords, Davros was brought back through a loophole that cost Dalek Caan his sanity. The Daleks themselves had to use other species to replenish their numbers and the cells of their creator.

Moffat's dropped veiled hints that "They're back!" for Series 5. Many fans have presumed that "They" will be the Time Lords.

Hey, once you allow time travel in a fantasy, all sorts of loopholes can be found. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.