FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spoiler Trivia (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spoiler Trivia
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, right on both. Fight Club is a book as well. I hope I was close on what happens--it's been a while since I read it.

Fyfe, right.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Should I give more hints to me last two? They weren't that great and the first one is slightly obscure (otherwise it's a fine hint, the second one is very popular so I made a point of being clever about it but maybe I went over board...)

C) Don't marry for looks, but if he can afford your sister's wedding you 'ought to at least hear him out.

A) Fighting against yourself for the fate of a planet in a dimension you'll never visit can be quite explosive.

L) They broke his will, but if he actually died is still up for debate.

V) That train may never run again, but a new world of materialism awaits!

I) Three daughters is two too many.

N) Not much meat to speak of but it was a good looking skeleton.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
"S) It wasn't that much of a better thing, really."

Animal Farm?

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't Animal Farm be---"Equality was ruined by those communist swine."

How about:

Rav)She talks all night, ruining the honeymoon and stopping the husband from performing his morning routine.

Ven)He travels through Heck to find his Beatrice.

Dar)With the Captain tied to his obsession, the hero sails away.

rth) "all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds"--Not!

Mau)You'd have to be crazy to understand this book. If you say you don't understand this book, its a sign that your nuts.

Uve) That stammering bookish nerd actually becomes the best emperor/God of the bunch.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Dar- is that Moby Dick?
Mau- Catch 22?

Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
rth) Candide
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I) is this King Lear?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Ven: Dante's Inferno?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Mucus--Correct
Adenam--Correct
Scholarette--Dar Correct
Mau is also correct, but by being correct it does bring into question your sanity.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Uve is Mistborn.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"S) It wasn't that much of a better thing, really."

Animal Farm?

Nope.

quote:
I) is this King Lear?
Yes.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mouette
Member # 12038

- posted      Profile for Mouette   Email Mouette         Edit/Delete Post 
aka6) A pair of destitute British sisters make a wish on the head of a gargoyle in the kitchen of their ancient castle home, and subsequently meet a pair of brothers from America. Drama ensues as the older sister, for money's sake, gets the wrong brother to fall for her, when she really loves the other one. Younger sister then falls for her sister's besotted fiance.

I Capture the Castle.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even though it is completely unrealistic, and most women would (and should) smack a guy like him IRL, they end up together.
Pride and Prejudice?
Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.