FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Will You Survive the Apocalypse? --- Ender's Game, sort of

Author Topic: Will You Survive the Apocalypse? --- Ender's Game, sort of
Elijah Baley
Member # 12045

- posted      Profile for Elijah Baley           Edit/Delete Post 
I just wrote one of those online quizzes, and in so doing I used plot points from Ender's Game. The reaction I've generally received is that it's a cut above the usual malarkey, and it's a quick 20 questions. If you're interested:

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-end-of-the-world-as-you-know-it-test

If not, no worries.

I'm always interested on feedback, so let me know what you think. I'm always interested in improving it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
My highest scores were on guts (63%, higher than 93% of my peers), paranoia(43%, higher than 71% of peers), and lead(40%, higher than 76% of peers).

By definition, isn't surviving an apocalypse impossible? Or do I not know the proper defintion?

And that is one of the better quizzes I have seen.

Edit: to add information.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
scored 52% on Guts
scored 63% on Intuition
scored 26% on Paranoia
scored 0% on Lead
scored 60% on Xenophobic
scored 40% on Immune
scored 0% on Sharpshooter

Wow....

I'm really a bad leader.....

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

But I loved what it said at the end [Big Grin]
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Compared to other takers
You scored 37% on Guts, higher than 26% of your peers.
You scored 74% on Intuition, higher than 89% of your peers.
You scored 37% on Paranoia, higher than 37% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Lead, higher than 39% of your peers.
You scored 80% on Xenophobic, higher than 91% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Immune, higher than 81% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Sharpshooter, higher than 42% of your peers.

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to follow you, adenam.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dem
Member # 2512

- posted      Profile for dem   Email dem         Edit/Delete Post 
Why isn't 'Get it on' one of the answers for questions #2?
Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The Biggest Fish in the Crater

63% Guts and 67% Intuition

# You scored 63% on Guts, higher than 93% of your peers.
# 73/100 You scored 67% on Intuition, higher than 73% of your peers.
# 18/100 You scored 30% on Paranoia, higher than 18% of your peers.
# 39/100 You scored 20% on Lead, higher than 39% of your peers.
# 39/100 You scored 40% on Xenophobic, higher than 39% of your peers.
# 47/100 You scored 40% on Immune, higher than 47% of your peers.
# 42/100 You scored 20% on Sharpshooter, higher than 42% of your peers.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Humanity's Savior

You scored 37% on Guts, higher than 26% of your peers.
You scored 81% on Intuition, higher than 94% of your peers.
You scored 22% on Paranoia, higher than 6% of your peers.
You scored 0% on Lead, higher than 8% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Xenophobic, higher than 12% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Immune, higher than 80% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Sharpshooter, higher than 42% of your peers.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raventhief
Member # 9002

- posted      Profile for Raventhief   Email Raventhief         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the same as T:man. Huh.
Posts: 354 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Defender of the Wastes

56% Guts and 78% Intuition.

Defender of the Wastes
For you, the End of the World was something of an improvement. It's almost ironic, but your experiences and intuition are uniquely suited to living off of a once-mighty civilization. People flock to you in protection and servitude, and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Maybe you'll fade into legend. Maybe you'll fade into infamy. Either way, you have a pretty good feeling about this.

Love it.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheBlueShadow
Member # 9718

- posted      Profile for TheBlueShadow           Edit/Delete Post 
You scored 26% on Guts, higher than 7% of your peers.
You scored 63% on Intuition, higher than 60% of your peers.
You scored 37% on Paranoia, higher than 44% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Lead, higher than 94% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Xenophobic, higher than 14% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Immune, higher than 77% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Sharpshooter, higher than 97% of your peers.

quote:
The Last Man
There wasn't time to mourn the world, at least, not at the first moment you realized you were immune. You had the right priorities. Bury the infected; move out to the country. There, beneath a lonely cloudless sky, you can start assembling a congregation of suvivors.
Old hatreds have been killed off with the plague, except perhaps that survivalist fear of strangers and maggot-ridden corpses. With a heavy heart, you know exactly what's in store for your world. You read The Stand, once, and a tattered copy of Earth Abides still hangs out on your bookshelf, back at your old place in the city you used to live.
Nature has long since reclaimed most of man's old haunts, and though your children live on in ignorance of the old ways, you still feel a nostalgic ache for the days when paper money still meant something.
Looking back on your life, you realize how lucky you were, if at the sake of the world. If the bombs had dropped, the aliens invaded or the dead come back to some cruel parody of life, more people would have survived --- but you wouldn't have.
You shrug off this feeling. It's time for bed, anyway.

Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
In considering alien conflict, you wax philosophical. You like to think that you strike a fine balance between Ender's Game and Starship Troopers --- realistically, though, you'd do anything to protect your world from invasion, be it either abetting xenocide to releasing the full wrath of the common cold.
As long as humanity has your back, you're invincible. Thank your lucky stars that when the apocalypse came, humanity did and you were.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
* 29/100 You scored 37% on Guts, higher than 29% of your peers.
* 89/100 You scored 74% on Intuition, higher than 89% of your peers.
* 45/100 You scored 37% on Paranoia, higher than 45% of your peers.
* 40/100 You scored 20% on Lead, higher than 40% of your peers.
* 42/100 You scored 40% on Xenophobic, higher than 42% of your peers.
* 80/100 You scored 60% on Immune, higher than 80% of your peers.
* 13/100 You scored 0% on Sharpshooter, higher than 13% of your peers.

Defender of the Wastes

37% Guts and 74% Intuition.

Defender of the Wastes
For you, the End of the World was something of an improvement. It's almost ironic, but your experiences and intuition are uniquely suited to living off of a once-mighty civilization. People flock to you in protection and servitude, and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Maybe you'll fade into legend. Maybe you'll fade into infamy. Either way, you have a pretty good feeling about this.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
In considering alien conflict, you wax philosophical. You like to think that you strike a fine balance between Ender's Game and Starship Troopers --- realistically, though, you'd do anything to protect your world from invasion, be it either abetting xenocide to releasing the full wrath of the common cold.
As long as humanity has your back, you're invincible. Thank your lucky stars that when the apocalypse came, humanity did and you were.

Thats the one I got, apparently I'm ender XD
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You scored 37% on Guts, higher than 29% of your peers.
You scored 56% on Intuition, higher than 36% of your peers.
You scored 52% on Paranoia, higher than 82% of your peers.
You scored 40% on Lead, higher than 73% of your peers.
You scored 60% on Xenophobic, higher than 72% of your peers.
You scored 20% on Immune, higher than 17% of your peers.
You scored 80% on Sharpshooter, higher than 100% of your peers.

quote:
Drawn to the Dead

Your result for The End of the World as You Know It Test ...

Drawn to the Dead
80% Sharpshooter

Barricade the doors, shoot the wounded and try not to splatter: You know exactly what to do when the dead crawl up from their graves, reanimated by some passing Russkie satellite.
You'd shoot your mom if a zombie nicked her, and not because you're bloodthirsty. Rather, years of George Romero flicks and books like World War Z have trained you to accept the new, zombified reality of it all. Nobody needs to tell you that she isn't your mom anymore; if anyone said this anyway, you'd scoff knowingly at the cliche.
Of course, your tactics wouldn't have worked in this World War III had you been up against aliens, bioterrorism or the almighty atom bomb. But they didn't have to. Luck of the draw kept you alive.
So the next time a scantily-clad damsel clings to your muscular leg, rev up your chainsaw, affix the shotgun to your arm and give thanks to the Necronomicon that your world suffered this particular fate.

If the zombie apocalypse breaks out, I am set. If it's something else, I'm in trouble, apparently.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.