FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus: Teaser Trailer

Author Topic: Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus: Teaser Trailer
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
This year's "Skin Walkers"!

Oh, the sweetness of this film. [ROFL]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
God help us all.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a real movie? I couldn't tell.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not real. Is it? Seriously? Could it be real?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Elevator pitch: Jaws, meets The Kraken Wakes, meets Forever Young, meets CSI: Miami.
How could it not be high quality entertainment?

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson!!! ***squeal!!!***

All we need is Steven Baldwin and this movie will ROCK!

quote:
That's not real. Is it? Seriously? Could it be real?
***COUGH!***
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
On Sci-Fi!

I mean, Syfy!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
The movie that jumps the shark from the very first frame.

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Physics experts, please determine the following.

Force needed to lift a shark large enough to bite a commercial jet liner, high enough to bite a commercial jet liner, fast enough so that same commercial jet liner could not avoid the teeth of said large shark.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Physics experts would NOT be caught dead watching this movie...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
Physics experts, please determine the following.

Force needed to lift a shark large enough to bite a commercial jet liner, high enough to bite a commercial jet liner, fast enough so that same commercial jet liner could not avoid the teeth of said large shark.

See was it the shark the jumped up an killed the airplane? I spent the whole trailer wondering how they were going to destroy the plane. I mean if the plane was coming in for a landing and there was water just before the runway, MAYBE a shark could leap it's length out of the water like great whites do in South Africa.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
[QB] Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson!!! ***squeal!!!***

I can't tell to what degree this was ironic.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

A sequel is ALREADY being considered...

quote:
“I haven’t seen the final edit, but we did do a version that leaves the door open for a potential sequel,” Gibson revealed. “Because God knows what else is in the ocean. I thought maybe a seahorse? Maybe a 500-foot lobster would be good. But yes, there is the potential for a sequel, and I would absolutely love it.”
***twitch!***
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I am anti-death penalty, but honestly, lethal force may be required to keep this from reproducing.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding me? This movie will rock.

It's a gigantic shark fighting a gigantic octopus, with the winner getting to rip Debbie Gibson to shreds. What more do you want?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Physics experts would NOT be caught dead watching this movie...
Then do not be surprised when they are the first to parish--even as they logically explain that no biological systems have, or could, ever be created with the strength to rip apart the titanium hulled submarine they are in.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
Then do not be surprised when they are the first to parish

I didn't even know they were religious, let alone so punctual in their church attendance.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Are you kidding me? This movie will rock.

It's a gigantic shark fighting a gigantic octopus, with the winner getting to rip Debbie Gibson to shreds. What more do you want?

I know! It's honestly going to challenge the gun-toting werewolf granny in Skin Walkers for my personal "most awesome thing ever" category!
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally forgot about this thread until I stumbled across it. I actually watched this movie because it's on Netflix's instant queue. The part where the shark downs an airplane disabled all four of us in the room for about two minutes. The movie was fabulously terrible for all the right reasons.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
Parodies are so easy.

One can imagine this having started out as a sincere attempt to make a serious low-budget movie but it having quickly devolved to parody as the director/writer realized the actual challenges of making a movie that attempts to be serious.

By the way -- real camp is often the result of a movie that TRIES to be serious but fails miserably. In order for something to be real camp there has to be an attempt at seriousness in the first place.

Ersatz camp is so lame.

Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

quote:
Originally posted by Clive Candy:
By the way -- real camp is often the result of a movie that TRIES to be serious but fails miserably. In order for something to be real camp there has to be an attempt at seriousness in the first place. [/QB]

An example is those 70s era blaxplotation films. They were sincere.

Also, horror films from the 40s to the 70s.

Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Also Star Wars.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Parodies are so easy.

But so-bad-it's-good is anything but. It may well be the hardest thing to pull off successfully.

(I say this as a general statement. Despite being a Debhead of long standing, I have not seen this film.)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

quote:
Originally posted by Shmuel:
quote:
Parodies are so easy.

But so-bad-it's-good is anything but. It may well be the hardest thing to pull off successfully.

The craziest thing I've ever seen is a Hong Kong film called Riki - oh.. Watching it, it's VERY hard to tell if the makers were trying to make an actual action picture and not a comedy masterpiece.

That's the thing about the so-bad so good movies: someone involved must've been trying to make something good and serious. But if everyone is trying to make something bad, the result is bound to be stale.

Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That's the thing about the so-bad so good movies: someone involved must've been trying to make something good and serious. But if everyone is trying to make something bad, the result is bound to be stale.

I would offer the Lonely Island's SNL Digital Shorts as a convenient counter-example. They don't all work, but their success rate at precisely this challenge is extremely impressive.

(I can't wait to see the fifth installment of Laser Cats...)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
Um,...Lorenso Lamas,....what do you expect?
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.