FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ashes to Ashes (spoilers)

Author Topic: Ashes to Ashes (spoilers)
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Well.

To tell the truth, I wasn't all that impressed with the first season. Maybe it was because I'd just watched all of Life on Mars (the real one) and it simply didn't compare.

This season was so much better, I thought. And the ending... honestly, I don't know. It seems like they've left it open for a third season, but who knows if they'll actually do one.

Did anyone else see the finale?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Woohoo! Yes, there will be a third season.
quote:
The British series, "Ashes to Ashes" has been renewed for a third and final series according to BBC News.

The series, a spin-off of the popular "Life on Mars," stars Keeley Hawes as a time-traveling police officer who wakes up to find herself in the 1980's. The series features the return of several popular characters from "Mars," including Gene Hunt.

Producers have revealed the climax of the next series will reveal who the character Gene Hunt really is.

Writer Ashley Pharoah said the series, set in the 80s, will offer "intriguing twists and turns to keep viewers guessing about the final outcome".

"who the character Gene Hunt really is"? I know there were people who thought he was some sort of angel, based on "I'm wherever I'm needed", but I don't buy that. Particularly not the way he went so ice cold at Alex after she told him who she was.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't watch the first season at all - I always seemed to miss it for some reason and I'm not a big fan of the 80s.
Saw a bit of this season (someone I know was an extra, so they made me watch.)
I actually really enjoyed it. It's not as good as Life on Mars but is still solid entertainment.
The ending really intrigued me.
Just because Gene's reality is imaginary, doesn't mean it's not real...

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

So... Personally, I found that a very satisfying ending. I was terrified they were going to something bone stupid like they did with the US version of Life on Mars (which I'm trying very hard to forget).

I never thought Ashes to Ashes was as good as Life on Mars. I still don't. But these five seasons of the shows combined are a masterpiece. I don't remember who it was here that got me to watch it, but whoever it was has my thanks.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.