FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two new tracks added to my album- "Tryptic A," and "Tryptic C"

Author Topic: Two new tracks added to my album- "Tryptic A," and "Tryptic C"
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: I've added two brand new tracks to the album, both are the outer parts of a three part tryptic, composed entirely electronically. Check it out if you like,

The Album, with the new tracks

The Main Artist Page

Hi folks,

It's been a long time since I linked any music here, so now I'll link a bunch. I have put together an "album" on PureVolume consisting so far of 9 tracks. To my knowledge I have posted perhaps 3 or 4 of these tracks on Hatrack before, so most of this album is new to you all.

So please, click on over to purevolume and give her a listen if you like. Click on the album on the right hand side to access all 9 tracks. The album is not yet for sale anywhere, but listen and enjoy, comment and be merry. I've always truly valued the encouragement and good feedback I've gotten from everyone here over the years, and I don't want that to change- I'd just like more people to start listening to my music, and this is what I'm hoping can do that.

As for me, I'll be spending the next 6 weeks out of work, including 2 weeks alone in a flat in Paris, just me and a microphone and my programs, so I'm hoping to add a second album within the next few months. Stay tuned!

Edit: Forgive me, this is a fairly new website and there are some obvious bugs- I still need to figure out how to tweak things so that the right tracks show up- the link above should lead to the whole album.

[ July 22, 2009, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Orincoro ]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like "Reckoner Wright version 2". I'm going to have to listen to the album a few more times to give a more detailed analysis.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I really like Reckoner Wright Version 2 at first listen (not that the first two weren't enjoyable).

Thank you for sharing your music! Continuing along...

You reminded me that I found a copy of this at a used book/music store this weekend. My girlfriends and I were really enjoying comparing his renditions to the album versions while we kicked back at the beach condo.

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

I'd like to add:

Granted, these are all first impressions, and I usually feel like at least three listens is only fair before passing any kind of judgment.

However, Wasteland, it's three movements, is really beautiful. Presuming the title gives away a bit of this, I'm curious: Did you have any mental images in mind for it?

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Not as much images, per se, as single shots or passages of poetry.

"What are the roots that clutch, what branches grow
Out of this stony rubbish?Son of man,
You cannot say, or guess, for you know only
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water."

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"

"The jungle crouched, humped in silence.
Then spoke the thunder"

"These fragments I have shored against my ruins"

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

Thank you so much for sharing, Orincoro!

I suppose I tend to think more in images than words. They express more of a mood to me than a word can (for I am often searching for words and unable to find the right ones), so my question was phrased that way. In fact, I went back and forth one time getting flashes of a scene as a result of listening to two different songs. Writing was out, and it wasn't until someone suggested photography (coupled with a lot of fun paper/paint experimentation) that I ended up being able to find an outlet.

Envisioning what those passages describe, the connection is quite clear. ;D I will probably go back to listen tomorrow morning with those at hand.

Orincoro
Member # 8854

:bump: content added at the top.

/\
/\
/\
/\
/\

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.