FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If I don't totally hate your webcomic that means it's pretty durn good (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If I don't totally hate your webcomic that means it's pretty durn good
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Right now, I think the best webcomic currently in production is actually Gunnerkrigg Court. I'm pretty critical of these ventures, but it manages to hold my attention, and has a legitimately inspired story.

Agreed. Or at least, it's the best of its type* (I don't know that it really makes sense to compare a strongly plot driven drama like Gunnerkrigg Court to episodic, humorous strips like Dinosaur Comics or SMBC.

Since my last post in this thread, Thunderstruck died in an incredibly unsatisfying manner. The author just did a comic one day in which the characters announced that he was moving on. I was glad to not have to come back and check to see what was happening every so often (like I did with Bear and Kitten for quite a while), but still--it was frustrating. He must have been considering stopping for some time, but there was no hint of it at all in the strips--they just went from amazing to nothing like *that* ::snaps fingers::.

*that I read. Years and years ago I read Schlock Mercenary and loved it, but I haven't looked at it in ages.

[ December 28, 2010, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I just consider it best overall in the sense that it's aces in all departments and is such a well-rendered full-page thrice a week comic. Just sort of a crude quality of production / product tabulation.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.