FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Very Potter Musical

Author Topic: A Very Potter Musical
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe no one has posted this yet, so I guess the job is mine.

A Very Potter Musical
quote:
Get ready for a musical adventure as Harry and his pals go back to school for another year of learning shenanigans! Only this year their wizarding world gets turned on its head when the Dark Lord comes back from the dead to take his revenge on The Boy Who Lived.

"A Very Potter Musical" is an unofficial, fan-made, parody show.

It's absolutely silly, crude and a tiny bit vulgar. But absolutely hilarious.

If you don't like casual swearing, or the occasional spoiler, you should probably avoid this. Otherwise, check it out.

What is a true Hufflepuff, anyway?

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to enjoy this but the singers are so quiet compared to the instruments that it's really hard to understand what's going on.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
"Snape, Snape, Severus Snape."
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Some of the songs are better to hear than others. And the scenes between songs are, IMHO, hilarious.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished it and was pretty impressed. I'd actually like to see that done as a professional quality movie - I thought the plot was better at condensing all 7 books than any given movie so far has been at condensing even one.

Plus it was, you know, funny.

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I had linked this on the sakeriver forums but had completely forgotten about hatrack.

Quirrel and Voldemort are my favorite. If they cleaned up the audio and sold a DVD copy, I would buy it right now.

I find that I can make out the lyrics better when I am using headphones rather than speakers. I actually watched the first half on my iPhone that way because its internet connection is ten times faster than my laptop. Hermione's actress is still hard to hear sometimes.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
I find that I can make out the lyrics better when I am using headphones rather than speakers.

There's the problem. I always listen to my computer with headphones. Don't even have speakers attached.
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
I really wish I wasn't at work right now so I could continue watching. It's torture, this is so hilarious.
Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it all last night -- pretty amusing. The sound is poor. I think they had the microphone out in the audience instead of up on stage. But I managed to make out most of it.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
It appears that they have made a a sequel.
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Before I invest time in watching it, tell me, is it better than Potter Puppet Pals?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say no. I haven't finished watching the sequel yet, but it has much more profanity and vulgarity, and the audio quality is so bad that you occasionally can't make out what the characters are saying.

Nevertheless, it has a certain charm with its reinterpretation of the characters and its hilarious lyrics that it you probably will enjoy it if you like Harry Potter and can tolerate the language.

But no, it's not better than Potter Puppet Pals, though it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. The Potter Musical has a coherent story, whereas Puppet Pals is just a series of shorts with no defined continuity.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

The sequel actually has BETTER audio than the first one. But the first one was completely terrible in that regard.

I'm halfway through the sequel, I think it's a little "good" but more funny than the first one. I'd consider both the first and second play to be rated PG-13.

August
Member # 12307

- posted      Profile for August   Email August         Edit/Delete Post 
I love, love, love AVPM. StarKidPotter has a few other movies/shows worth checking out. http://www.youtube.com/user/StarKidPotter
Posts: 47 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
There are parts of this that are amusing, but for some reason I'm too embarrassed while watching it to enjoy it very much.

That Draco chick is funny, though.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.