FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone Interested In Skepticism? TAM Is Being Streamed Live

Author Topic: Anyone Interested In Skepticism? TAM Is Being Streamed Live
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone interested in the skepticism movement, one of the big yearly conferences is The Amazing Meeting(TAM).

It is currently being streamed live here.

At the moment, it's a talk on modern mythology (crop circles, UFO, bigfoot, etc). It's pretty interesting, so if you like this sort of thing I'd recommend giving it a look.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Seems to be over for today. There will be more starting tomorrow morning.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
would I be able to watch it from the beginning?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

It's a live stream. I don't know if/where recordings of the talks will be hosted.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i dont like watching things from the middle. its like walking into a play half way through making more noise then a city.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope someone's recording it. I would love to get more involved in this kind of thing. I find the search for the truth both fascinating and entertaining - especially when the kooks come out of the woodwork to defend their abductions and bigfoot photos. [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

If you haven't listened to it already, the Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast is generally pretty good. I believe all the hosts of the podcast are at TAM, and the main one, Steven Novella, has been on at least one panel there.

Blayne, it's a series of independent talks, so if you catch one of them when it begins, you should be ok. Otherwise, I'll try to let you know when I find them posted online somewhere.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
The Skeptics have had their hands full. They used to be involved mostly against things like tv psychics, crystal healers, Uri Geller, stuff like that. Then they ended up essentially having to up the ante to fighting potent 'mainstream' challenges like the Bush administration, Intelligent Design, abstinence-only sex education, NARTH.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.