FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Insuring a Supercar?

Author Topic: Insuring a Supercar?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
A friend told me that assuming that if I ever managed to buy a Buggatti Vehron theres not a single insurance company in Canada that would even if I had the income.

How true is this? For example wouldn't I be able to go to Lloyds of London? They have a Canadian branch don't they?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
They have insurance companies that cover people with cars that are too expensive or have too many accidents. These are not provincially regulated in the same way and have very high rates, but they do exist. I do not recall their name. (In Ontario at least)
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt that the Veyron is street legal. I don't think you have to insure it if it's just sitting in a garage somewhere.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
So, who insures the Bat-Mobile? I bet he's got one hum-dinger of a deductible.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne Enterprises probably owns an insurance company LOL.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
I doubt that the Veyron is street legal. I don't think you have to insure it if it's just sitting in a garage somewhere.

It is street legal, its the worlds fastest road car.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
You most definitely do have to insure it, just not in the exact same way.

Blayne if this is really an issue for you I can talk to someone i know. He regularly buys and sells cars beyond normal insurance.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What if it's sitting in the parking lot outside your community college dorm room?
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I was asking mostly out of curiosity I dont have a Veyron though I want one.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
quote:

Huh. So it is. I think if I saw a Veyron driving down I-20 I'd have a heart attack.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't even know what it was. Just another weird-looking car that probably costs more than mine.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
quote:

The world's fastest street-legal road car is a a privately owned custom car. The Veyron isn't even the fastest production road car — that title presently belongs to the Barabus TKR.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne when you do get one, let me know.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Couldn't you just self-insure? Perhaps you'd have to put some money in escrow or something, but if you're rich enough to have one of those cars you ought to be rich enough to cover your own liability.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Blayne when you do get one, let me know.

by then I think we might be a tad old [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm just going to hook you up with an insurance agent. Maybe a buyer for when you decide it's not worth it.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I'm just curious, Blayne. Have you been watching too much Top Gear?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
The Veyron isn't even the fastest production road car — that title presently belongs to the Barabus TKR.

Barabus made Team Knight Rider's car?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.