FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Jersey megathread

Author Topic: New Jersey megathread
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
1. wow

2. lol

3. no seriously, wow

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I am posting in this high quality thread
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
I am posting in this high quality thread

ugh fine here's some CONTEXT

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/nyregion/24jersey.html

Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's really unfortunate.
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

[Frown]

Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbi's doing multi-million dollar money laundering. Can they make it any easier for the "Jewish Banking Conspiracy" nuts out there?
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
As a New Jersey resident, I'm shocked... just *shocked* that there were only 44 people involved.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
From the article,

"This is so massive,” said Joseph Marbach, a political scientist at Seton Hall University. “It’s going to just reinforce the stereotype of New Jersey politics and corruption."

At what point does a stereotype transition into being an apt descriptor?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:
As a New Jersey resident, I'm shocked... just *shocked* that there were only 44 people involved.

As a former resident, ditto.

Idiots. [Razz]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by FlyingCow:

laugh out loud
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
In synagogue yesterday, our rabbi opened his remarks with this: "As you are well aware, half of the state is under water. The other half is under investigation."

Sigh.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I keep envisioning a Civilization-style game where you can pick your form of government and state religion. One of the benefits for Judaism is "-50% price modifier on kidneys"
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
As a friend of mine on another forum said, "Someone has stolen my religion, and I want it back!"
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the most bizarre part of this story was the trade in human kidneys. One hears about money laundering and corrupt politicians pretty regularly, but how exactly did the kidneys tie in to it all.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
I thought the most bizarre part of this story was the trade in human kidneys. One hears about money laundering and corrupt politicians pretty regularly, but how exactly did the kidneys tie in to it all.

Well, basically, the renal artery of the donor kidney is connected to the external iliac artery in the recipient and external iliac vein in the recipient is connected to the renal vein of the donor kidney.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.