FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Football 2009 - Finals are here this week! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fantasy Football 2009 - Finals are here this week!
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Godric:
Although, in my other league, I was happy to own Reggie Wayne. [Big Grin]

I was pretty happy in this one. [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
My team is broken! I just had to get that off my chest.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone here happen to have Chad Ochocinco, promising young author?
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I do. He scored well for me yesterday.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That review was quite humorous.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought so as well, although I am still traumatized by the excerpts they used of the actual "book". [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am 3-1, but my production in points is dropping weekly. [Frown]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Be heartened. You're up against me next week, and none of my guys perform anywhere near their projected points. Except maybe Barber.
Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL....I have 3 main offensive guys on a bye week this week, and I am in for a tough week I think. At least Slanton sorta remembered that rushing involved lowering a shoulder AND moving his feet.

Sorta.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

in one of my other leagues I did an extremely poor job of coordinating my bye weeks-- I have 5 guys on byes and Felix Jones is hurt... I'm at the point of playing a TE (Shiancoe) in my flex spot.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

My bad week for byes is 7. And I'm matched against Jesse that week. *sigh*

ETA: Last week was really bad for injuries, but even if all my guys had been at peak performance I think The Tick still would have crushed me.

Kwea
Member # 2199

He had a VERY good week. It happens.

I somehow managed to be second or third in points scored for our league last year and still come in last. EVERYONE had a banner week against me all year long. I am not kidding. [Frown]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

That's really frustrating! But I guess it's a pretty good representation of what can happen in the NFL, too.

And re: The Tick, it was a "good" loss, in a way. If I had to have all those injuries, at least it happened when I couldn't win regardless.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Looks like I am 4-1 somehow. [Big Grin]
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I told you. I have an uncanny knack for benching the people who will get points. Portis, for example, has done jack for four weeks. Today he got nearly twenty points on my bench. Last week an "injured" Barber got almost twenty, this week, when he was active and not on my bench... five points.

Someone shoot me.

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

ah... the sweet, sweet pain of fantasy football

I can laugh because I picked up Miles Austin to replace Roy williams, and he promptly had nearly 50% of his career yardage in one game, setting a club record that has stood since 1966 and Bob Hayes.... all the more remarkable because the rest of the offense (aside from Romo and Choice) pretty much played like garbage.

Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL welcome to MY world the past 4 years.

MJD gained almost 200 points on my bench in the 5 weeks I benched him last year. He got about 250 the entire rest of the year for me when I played him. LOL

Carrie
Member # 394

I somehow managed to entirely forget about it this week.

Ugh. At least there are a lot more weeks in the season.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim-Me:

I can laugh because I picked up Miles Austin to replace Roy williams, and he promptly had nearly 50% of his career yardage in one game, setting a club record that has stood since 1966 and Bob Hayes.... all the more remarkable because the rest of the offense (aside from Romo and Choice) pretty much played like garbage.

But I have Miles Austin...

[Confused]

...sitting on my bench.

[Frown]

But I still won.

[Smile]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

yeah... turns out I confused my leagues... I have Austin in two non-hatrack leagues.
Godric
Member # 4587

This was the first week I won in both of my leagues. I'm happy today...
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I was wondering who had Austin while I was listening to that game. My eight-year-old son was watching it in the living room, and you should have seen the heartbreak in his eyes when he came to tell me that the Cowboys and Chiefs had tied, and so they flipped a coin to see who would win. Apparently, upon discovering that the Chiefs had "won the coin toss," he turned the TV off in disgust and didn't see the overtime. Can you imagine how upsetting that would be for a kid? To have four quarters of game play to be decided by a coin toss? Poor guy. [Smile]
Godric
Member # 4587

Awww... That's so cute. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

186 points this week....and two of my players didn't play. LOL
Godric
Member # 4587

And I take #1...
[Party]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Only because I hit the wrong button and sat Patrick Crayton....and Slanton got -0.4 points. That's right, a featured back got Negative points.

That's what happens when you have 5 offensive players on a bye week all at once. [Big Grin]

Good game, though. Still fairly close. [Big Grin]

Godric
Member # 4587

Mmm... Looking forward to our matchup in 2 weeks.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Should be fun. [Big Grin] Still working on a few things, but in a week all my major players will have their bye weeks behind them. Only one I am worried about is.....

....never mind......

Kwea
Member # 2199

It's my team and the Ads playing this Sunday. Should be a good game.

I wish LAST week had been the finals. LOL

Next year we will start the playoffs one week earlier to avoid all the star players sitting out the last week of the regular season.

Carrie
Member # 394

It [i.e. starting the playoffs late] does allow, though, for increasingly cunning and strategic waiver pickups... [Wink]

I'm cool with it either way. Good luck to you and the Ads - it'll at least be a high-scoring game!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Maybe not.....all of the high scoring players we have are being sat. Except for Chris Johnson, of course....if I lose more than likely it will be because of him. [Frown]
Godric
Member # 4587

Dang it... I lost by exactly 1 point. That was a great game... Although with 4 players injured or benched, I should have won easily. Sigh...

Congrats on your win, though!

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Here's what I decided about Fantasy Football.
I hate it. [Mad]

But maybe that's what you get for playing a game you know nothing about.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks.....I sat 2 by accident as well, but even with those in the game you should have beat me.

I didn't realize I won until yesterday at about 7pm, as I was so sure I had lost I didn't look. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.