FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Raia and Corwin's Excellent Adventure

Author Topic: Raia and Corwin's Excellent Adventure
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to share with everyone how much fun Corwin and I have had together this week! [Smile]

He took a six hour train to come visit me on Monday, and we've spent all week hanging out (in this very small, pathetic town, but no matter), eating at great restaurants, going to the lake, walking around and so forth... and he even sat through a pathetic farcical opera so that he could watch me perform.

Today is his last day here (we're off to Limoges for the day), and then I'm sure he'll post himself, because he'll have internet again, but I wanted to get a headstart. [Wink]

(((Corwin)))

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
How, how fun!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot to say that I watched two rehearsals (different casts) before the live performance! [Big Grin] Raia was by far the best in her particular role, especially as a singer (her part didn't include enough acting to declare her the outright winner [Wink] ). And while most people with leading or secondary roles were good singers, just a few were also good actors. Although the rehearsals were a bit tough, what with the director changing stuff all the time, so the actual performances of the two other casts might end up better than what I saw from them, hopefully at least on par with the performance of Raia's cast.

Anyway, apart from the awesomeness of meeting Raia [Hat] , this trip has also made me rethink my view of opera (which was "boring, long, not movies"). I'll finally see the inside of the Lyon opera after spending almost seven years here. [Big Grin]

It was also very cool to be able to practice my English again. And my English-to/from-French translation skills! [Big Grin] On the train back it felt weird not to hear anyone speaking English anymore... On Monday I'm switching languages again, this time to Romanian but I hope that is it; if I get in a situation in which I'll have to practice my German things will end up very embarrassing... [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay opera! I'm so glad I converted you. [Smile]

And you're too kind...

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
It is one of my goals to have an excellent adventure one day, when I stop working so much. (Today was day 20 of at least 8 hours a day (usually 12-14, just 8 today). Tomorrow will be 21 and Friday, hopefully the last, will be 26, my new record. I can't wait to graduate.)

Is jealous, sounds like fun.

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.