FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Action cartoons not Transformers or GI Joe

Author Topic: Action cartoons not Transformers or GI Joe
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_uYJySWlco

best ever. I would love a movie made out of it.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap, memories!

... I have memories! Wow.

(And I do think there's potential there for a good Jonny Quest movie.)

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to watch the actual episodes now to see if I'd still find the show pretty quality or if it'd just come off cheesy to me, but that opening's still awesome. I used to love watching this show, especially the cg Quest World sequences they had.

If they did it right, a Johnny Quest movie would be pretty awesome. I actually remember a little while back seeing something on the movie websites about a Johnny Quest movie with Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson potentially attached. Not sure what's happened with that since last I read about it.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzY7ONePM4
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Man I LOVED Johnny Quest when I was a kid.

Thank God Zac Efron is barely too old, because I think he actually looks the part fairly well. (edit to add, I just noticed that daventor mentioned ZE, I guess I wasn't the only one whose brain went there, sadly. But I will say that Dwayne Johnson shouldn't be in it. Who is he supposed to be, Race Bannon? Meh).

I miss my 80's cartoons. It was like some sort of golden age of awesome.

Does anyone remember watching a show about what I think was a sports team of some sort who were transported back to King Arthur's court? They had to fight the bad guys and save the kingdom, and had all these cool weapons, and they were searching for these keys that allowed them to transport forward in time back home, but they could only tough their own keys, or they'd disappear. It might have been a 90s show, but I was thinking about it the other day.

Where On Eareth is Carmen Sandiego had a pretty catchy opener.

Edit to add: I found it! it's King Arthur and the Knights of Justice

I loved this show when I was a kid. Feels like it was on for longer than two seasons, but that's it I guess, and it's coming out on DVD in the US in March. I am so wasting money on this next year! There are a lot of old 80s cartoons I'd buy on DVD if they were relatively cheap. I can't imagine they'd need to charge a lot for these, they're all 20 years old, only lasted for a couple seasons, and were a dime a dozen.

[ August 09, 2009, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
This seemed apropos.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Wait...they're really turning it into a movie? Or is that part of the joke that I thought a Thundercats movie always was?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
I remenber loving that Arthur show too.

I dont know about Effron, but I've on;y seen one of his movies. Logan Lerman could kind of work, but I dont know.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Silly Lyrhawn. Everybody knows there was only one Carmen Sandiego show, and one catchy theme. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
When I clicked the link I was wondering whether it'd be Classic Quest or the 90s Quest. I was hooked on the 90s version with its early CGI.

Not sure how it would be as a movie. Its one of those shows that could go either way. On the bad end, I see blank-eyed teen pop stars being cast. And that worries me.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Tarrsk:
Silly Lyrhawn. Everybody knows there was only one Carmen Sandiego show, and one catchy theme. [Big Grin]

I loved that one too. I watched that game show all the time when it was on as a kid. I wish they'd bring a more updated version of it back. God forbid we should have educational kids game shows. Those guys were really funny during the second round of the show when they were searching beyond the signs.
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
M.A.S.K.
Nuff said (okay, so the cartoon is really idiotic when you look back on it, but it and its toys were completely awesome back in the day)

edit: Oh...and Silverhawks.

Okay, so we didn't have cable (or NBC...or FOX) after I turned 6 so I couldn't actually *watch* any of these cartoons, but I *really* loved the toys.

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.