FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stephen Colbert calls my brother-in-law

Author Topic: Stephen Colbert calls my brother-in-law
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
link. Alan is married to my sister Brenda, the novelist. I don't know if you can tell from the video, but he turns bright red when he's put on the spot.

[ August 14, 2009, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Is this on the thursday show? Also link is broken.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Sorry, fixed the link. I don't think it was actually on the show, though it may have been.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Stephen sounds a bit different over the phone :-/
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty awesome
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

So do I get a Colbert number?
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
No, phone conversations don't count in the numbering system.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. Stephen Colbert wishes there were Colbert numbers. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Who needs sissy words and numbers when you have something so masculine and virile as "the Colbert bump?"
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
Who needs sissy words and numbers when you have something so masculine and virile as "the Colbert bump?"

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the show.. is that like a "Mons Colbert?"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
When he interviews some famous or powerful person, who is then in the news for something positive afterward he claims it is due to his Colbert bump, the public affirmation that the person is okay because he interviewed him. It goes with his character and certain return guests like Huckabee go along with the joke.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
When he interviews some famous or powerful person, who is then in the news for something positive afterward he claims it is due to his Colbert bump, the public affirmation that the person is okay because he interviewed him. It goes with his character and certain return guests like Huckabee go along with the joke.

In Huckabee's case there might actually be something to it. John McCain too.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I stand by that although Huckabee and I probably share 0 views on any subject if I were American and republican I'ld vote for him. Or if Obama wasn't running. Hes just so darn friendly.
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Still waiting for everyone to hand the country over to Nader and the Green party.

What?

That guy really wants to be president.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.