FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I apologize (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I apologize
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
scifibum - have you had opportunity to meet other Hatrackers in real life yet? (I don't remember).

I know that having the opportunities to meet and talk with many of these people IRL, as I have been blessed enough to have, really helped me change the way I interacted online. They were friends, now, with real feelings and real faces, etc. and it is harder to argue with hostility once they aren't just a username on a web page.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I haven't met a Hatracker in real life.

It's hard for me to imagine doing such a thing. I have met a total of two people, both women I was trying to date, in real life after meeting them online. The first one cut off contact after our brief lunch date - never so much as a "Don't write me anymore." The second one married me. [Smile]

So anyway, I'm a bit awkward and introverted so while I think it'd probably be a good thing in some ways to meet some Hatrackers, I'm not really sure I ought to inflict my company on anybody.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I met one hatracker who, to be fair, I would have been buddies with if we had met in practically any situation- it just happened we both posted here, and we got together for an afternoon the last time I was in Boston.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
So, what defines a regular?

If you post regularly duh! [Wink]

I'm sure we could come up with some arbitrary standard. If you post at least four times a month, you're a regular for example.

scifibum: I've found meeting hatrackers in real life only makes me like the forum more.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I tore up st. louis with a hatracker, does that count.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Scifi, a lot of hatrackers are a bit introverted. You'd probably fit right in. Seriously, it's nice having a bunch of introverts to talk to.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Do NY Hatrackers ever meet?
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but I haven't had a trip to NY in over a year. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
I met one hatracker who, to be fair, I would have been buddies with if we had met in practically any situation- it just happened we both posted here, and we got together for an afternoon the last time I was in Boston.

And a fine afternoon it was. For next time, if you ever find yourself in Atlanta, I'm moving there soon.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.