FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who is the worst living director

Author Topic: Who is the worst living director
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry... for some odd reason, I'm doing a dobie thread.

I'm just... compelled, for some reason.

Anyway, Uwe Boll is a safe bet, but anybody else know anyone worse?

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
A tie between Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely Uwe Boll.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Most annoying directors: Oliver Stone, Michael Bay, and Quentin Tarantino.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Eww, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris Columbus. Though I do think it would be worth the awesome set of delicious irony were he to direct a movie iteration of "Pastwatch"...
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:
Chris Columbus. Though I do think it would be worth the awesome set of delicious irony were he to direct a movie iteration of "Pastwatch"...

I'm not saying he's particularly good or anything, but do you really think there's a case to be made that he's worse than Boll, Friedberg, or Seltzser?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Rob Zombie, case closed.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take Rob Zombie -- not that he's great -- over Michael Bay any day of the week.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

Not me. Everything I've seen from Rob Zombie has been utterly terrible.

At least Michael Bay manages to be somewhat entertaining half the time. Plus, I liked The Rock.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Uwe
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:

Werewolf Women of the S.S.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

In the Rob Zombie vs. Michael Bay debate, I'll say this: right now, I take Zombie. Way back in the day, I liked Michael Bay's first two movies. Bad Boys was decent, and The Rock was actually a lot of fun. Since then, however, I (personally) find nothing whatsoever redeeming in anything he has done. I hate each movie he makes more than the last-- but this is not a preconceived notions thing. When I go to these things, God help me, I'm hoping to like them.

The fact that people like Transformers has done more to make me question the foundations of society than anything I have encountered before.

Rob Zombie hasn't made a good movie yet, but there are flashes of humanity in his otherwise vapid slaughter-fests that make me suspect he one day might.

But I thought of somebody worse than both of them ... someone whose terribleness recalls -- and possibly rivals -- the terribleness of the legendary Uwe:

Stephen Sommers.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorru anyone arrogant enough to say hes justified not making faithful adaptions of video games simply BECAUSE he thinks all real gamers pirate everything and anything takes the ticket.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:

The Devil's Rejects had some interesting bits in it. Overall as a film, I thought it was flimsy. But there were some moments. Especially the final scene. That showed some promise.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Hayao Miyazaki....

Is the best.

Michael Bay is the worst.

(Admit it when you saw Miyzaki you were getting ready to crucify me) [Smile]

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The guy that directed the Super Mario Bros. movie. . .
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
David Lynch!! None of the rest are even competitive.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Baz Luhrmann.

(Though I admittedly haven't seen anything by half the people named so far. Just as well, I guess!)

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody who says anything other than Uwe Boll is wrong.

Uwe Boll is the worst director alive.

Bay can not hold a candle to the suckiness of Boll.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

quote:
David Lynch!! None of the rest are even competitive.
Fightin' words, Rabbit.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.