FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Guild

Author Topic: The Guild
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
So do you watch The Guild?

I admit I am way behind the times. I only recently discovered Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Of course, now my 16 year old and I are obsessed. There's a superhero dress-up day for a pep rally this Friday and she's going as Captain Hammer. [insert parental pride here]

Anyway, I became a fan of Dr. Horrible on Facebook and they posted a link to a music video for Felicia Day's web series The Guild. I watched the video, became intrigued, discovered you could download the episodes of The Guild for free over xBox live...and the rest is history. Been watching them all evening.

I'm not sure why. I mean yes, they're funny, but I don't know WHY I find them so funny. The characters are all so stereotypical - they are stereotypes of stereotypes if there could be such a thing. Yet still...I keep watching.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dabbler
Member # 6443

- posted      Profile for dabbler   Email dabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I do see those stereotypes in WoW. It's totally entertaining. The Guild actually had a panel at Blizzcon last weekend. They were discussing their Season 3. I also enjoy their music video.
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
they're pretty funny. check their tv tropes page for details!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

Link
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

Link
So?
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished watching all three seasons. Question: I may have missed some mention of it somewhere, but does Codex have a job? How does she pay the rent?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
How Codex earns money is a mystery, one that nerds dont care to solve cause she's pretty and a gamer.

Yeah, Felicia Day is pretty awesome, she's done Buffy The Vampire slayer as a slayerette, some commercials, an episode of Retarded Policeman and an extremely funny spot in a video on how to make a web series .

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

She plays in an Orchestra.
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to attend Blizzcon the past two years. This year I went and attended a party that one of the websites was putting on at one of the hotels. The entire cast of the guild showed up and just hung out with everyone for a couple of hours. Just normal people, all very cool.

I talked to Felicia for a few minutes and she is one of the most down to earth people I have met. There was of course a lot of very strange guys there that were trying to hit on her, and I think I saved her from a few of them by chatting with her. [Smile]

Very normal, very thankful for what she has been able to do, and willing to talk to anyone.

On a side note, I loved Dr. Horrible, and I've been told there is a sequel in the works!

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.