FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who are these people in background of pic at inauguration?

Author Topic: Who are these people in background of pic at inauguration?
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to identify two people:
1. Over Obama's left shoulder, there is a guy with a blue scarf and tie
2. Lady behind them with sun glasses

Who is in the background?

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
1) Benson Quaghill James Michael Boot-Stubble Fehna-fehnuff.

2) The Man Formerly Known As Vinny

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, but if I know one thing, it's that I would never stand directly behind the President during an inaugural. It's like walking behind a bull- why take the chance?
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

You'd think there would be a seating chart somewhere....
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I already told you who they were.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm.. Why do you want to know?
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, why is that photo linked to at the Tamil Guardian?
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Heres a better question, can you actually identify everyone else in the picture? if not, why do you care?
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Spies
2. Winners of the "Stand Next to the President" competition.
3. Freemasons. It's all a giant conspiracy.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that looks Larry Summers in the top left looking at his cell phone. He's standing behind and to the left of John Boehner.

I think the woman on the right in the blue coat might be Laura Tyson, but that's a long shot. The woman in the front is very familiar but I don't know who she is.<edit>I think it's Dianne Feinstein, and I think the person next to her is Nancy Pelosi, not Laura Tyson.</edit>

I have no idea on the two people you are specifically interested in.

<edit>Steny Hoyer is standing toward the back right in a red scarf, right in front of Mitch McConnell (red and black checked scarf), who is next to Chuck Schumer</edit>

[ August 28, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: SenojRetep ]

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Oh, we had a pic that we were going to use for a book cover and they were on it. Got them edited out now though! I didn't think it mattered who they were, but for some reason it did...

Thanks

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay:
Oh, we had a pic that we were going to use for a book cover and they were on it.

What is the title of this book going to be?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Oh, you probably don't want to know...
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Yes, I do. Dead serious. What's the title of the book going to be.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The man is the newly regenerated Doctor, and the woman is a Slitheen in disguise, smiling because she thinks she's gotten the jump on The Doctor.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:

Yes, I do. Dead serious. What's the title of the book going to be.
You don't need to know what the title of the book is going to be. These aren't the droids your looking for. He can go about his business. Move along.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know who those people are, but if I develop a bald spot like Chief Justice John Roberts, please please please somebody sedate me, shave my head, and tell me to stop living a lie.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

How is he living a lie? He isn't trying to wear a toupe, or style his hair into a comb-over.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
How is he living a lie? He isn't trying to wear a toupe, or style his hair into a comb-over.

Roberts can do as he pleases, but to me there just isn't anything attractive about pretending anymore at that point, and yet, simultaneously I love my hair so much I might still not give up if my hair had receded that much.

Look Noemon, are you going to do what I'm asking you to do while I am lucid, or will you let me stumble around in the dark down the road?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

How is he pretending? Seriously. I could see saying that he was if he was combing over the bald spot, but he isn't--he's just got a bald spot.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

If your yard had a sizable circle in the very center of complete deadness would you continue to cultivate the grass around it?
Noemon
Member # 1115

Sure. In fact, I'd probably do something to accentuate the dead patch--put an interesting rock in the center of it, perhaps, or if it were a large dead patch dig it out and put in a small pool or something.

Edit--so in that same circumstance, you'd kill all of the rest of the grass in your lawn?

Samprimary
Member # 8561

Jay what's the name of your book.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? No none will read it unless they already believe what he does. Call it Lack of Fact Checking and be done with it.....or Bias Inc. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
I will read it. I will read every page. What's the name of the book!
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Sure. In fact, I'd probably do something to accentuate the dead patch--put an interesting rock in the center of it, perhaps, or if it were a large dead patch dig it out and put in a small pool or something.

Edit--so in that same circumstance, you'd kill all of the rest of the grass in your lawn?

I'd kill all the grass yes, but I'm probably going to xenoscape my lawn, and since Kentucky blue grass does not grow naturally anywhere outside that part of the US, and I do not live there, I will plant other things.

I just don't think it looks attractive, for me, I am VERY close to that level of baldness. I am simply reminded of my father who kept growing out the occipital part of his hair. One day a barber cut his hair too short, and accidentally shaved part of it, so he had to even it all out. At the end of that week he had had so many people tell him how great he looked he stopped trying to grow his hair out.

I'm quite vain about my hair, I hate the fact I am even partially bald, and that my hair is disappearing. Because of this, I encourage people to encourage me to shave my head when I can't pull off hair anymore.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

You know, if you care about your hair that much, invest in a hair restoration procedure. Ample doctors, good prices, good results. Not like the plugs of olde.

Not even joking.

Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
This is Noemon. I'm not on my normal computer, and apparently I've forgotten my Hatrack password.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I just don't think it looks attractive, for me, I am VERY close to that level of baldness.

That's cool; it was the assertion that he was in some way being deceptive or living a lie that (as a guy with a much more pronounced bald spot than that) I objected to.

quote:
I'm quite vain about my hair, I hate the fact I am even partially bald, and that my hair is disappearing. [/QB]
I can relate. I used to feel similarly about my hair. I remember being horrified when the hair on the crown of my head started thinning when I was 21. I can remember kneeling down, picking up some scattered stuff in my parents' basement, and my brother bending over and touching the tiny little hint of a bald spot with the pad of his index finger. I wanted to hit him.

It wasn't thin enough for people to generally notice under normal conditions until I was 24 or so, but for years I was pretty self conscious about it. It's something that I've come to terms with, but I'd be lying if I said that if they came out with a good, fool proof, one or two time treatment for baldness that wasn't ruinously expensive and didn't cause horrible side effects that I wouldn't at least consider making use of it.

I'm not utterly sure that I would use it, though. I like how I'm looking these days, hair wise, bald spot and all.

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.