FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Marvel gets OWNED...by Disney

Author Topic: Marvel gets OWNED...by Disney
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
So I do my usual rounds of the movie/gamer websites this morning, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the news that the Walt Disney Corporation is purchasing Marvel comics. See Aint It Cool News .

Can it be true!? Sora facing off against Iron Man in Kingdom Hearts!? The Avengers will be rated G!? Captain America played by...ZAC EFRON!? [Eek!] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Actually, seriously, I really don't have any problem with this news, at least not yet. I'm looking at the comments on these websites and it seems like the majority of people automatically thinks this means all future Marvel movies are going to be "kiddiefied." Fact is, Disney has helped produce or release plenty of adult fare under other studios it owns (Touchstone Pictures- "Con Air", Miramax Films- "The English Patient," "Dogma", Hollywood Pictures- "The Sixth Sense"). While this may lead to Marvel characters at Disney theme parks and maybe Disney-Marvel saturday morning cartoons, beyond that I don't see this as signaling the watering down of all Marvel properties. The article actually mentions Pixar and Marvel meeting up, and that actually does get me excited, as I pretty much have absolute faith in Pixar to turn anything it touches into solid gold. [Hail]

But, if you need a good dose of comedy, go and look at the comments boards on Aint It Cool, comingsoon.net, or ign.com over this. I think there are few things more pathetically hilarious than fanboys [Cry] proclaiming their life is over now that the same studio that brought us High School Musical can touch their beloved spandex-clad soap operas (and I do say that as a admitted fan of superheros in general).

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies, Chris Bridges. I didn't realize a thread had already been started.

Disney is buying Marvel

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.