FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Giving away 3 copies of Kevin Smith's new book

Author Topic: Giving away 3 copies of Kevin Smith's new book
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure how much overlap there is between OSC fans and Kevin Smith fans -- although I certainly enjoy them both -- but posting here anyway.

Thanks to Titan Book I've got 3 copies of Kevin Smith's new book, "Shooting the S*** With Kevin Smith" to give away. It's basically a transcript of selecting bits of Smith's weekly podcast with his buddy Scott Mosier, and it's disturbingly hilarious.

So, I started a contest on my site. To enter just post a comment regarding which Kevin Smith character you'd like to... well, here's the link.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Such an evil question, Chris. I try to avoid thinking about such things on a regular basis, since most of his female characters are male fantasies, and the fact that he has actual females willing to playing those parts has ruined me for real women. [Razz]
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet the Silent Bob viewpoint chapter is particularly gripping. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I bet the Silent Bob viewpoint chapter is particularly gripping.
There are no words to describe it.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kevin Smith’s script for Superman Lives! may have been scrapped by Warner Brothers, but the director got a chance to stage a shoot with the man in tights for Playboy. The photo shoot is part of a special issue (in stores now) to celebrate the magazines 50th anniversary. The magazine asked several directors (including Spike Lee, McG, Brett Ratner and Michael Bay) to shoot photos of whatever turned them on.
According to Smith, his biggest turn-ons are his wife and super-heroes. Yes, the woman is the photo is actually married to Silent Bob. Smith told the magazine:

After a day of thwarting supervillains’ attempts at world domination, our hero pays a rooftop visit to his favorite metropolitan-newspaper reporter to give her the scoop. After years of flirtation, suddenly their longing gets the better of them. Let’s just hope for her sake that he’s not always faster than a speeding bullet. That Jen plays the reporter has a sentimental significance, because we met when she did a story on me for USA Today. She was beautiful, brainy and Lois Lane--y.
Small wonder that, given my predilection for comics, this visual actually ran through my head during our interview. Considering my level of geekiness, it’s a wonder I landed a wife at all.

Does she count?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Willam Black, if you know what snowballing is then you know hes up for anything in bed, but a guy who can quickly go from skinny and hairy to fat with anger issues is just plain magic.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

His wife, no. Lois Lane (who looks remarkably like his wife in this instance) sure!
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
His wife, no. Lois Lane (who looks remarkably like his wife in this instance) sure!

Hasnt she been in three of his movies though?
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Sure. Go for Missy, Susan, Emma or Betsy (or Lois) (all of whom look remarkably like his wife).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.